News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: ** sold ** c5 with Adam Harper 24v conversion for sale  (Read 7193 times)

Karl

** sold ** c5 with Adam Harper 24v conversion for sale
« on: 09, January, 2010 - 16:37:58 »
Received via email, and awaits further details ;

I am getting married in September and with deep regret I am having to sell my C5. It is in absolutely excellent condition with all new tyres, batteries and  charger. It has been fully serviced by Adam Harper. It has also been fitted with the Turbo Harper 24v conversion and a metal gear box.

I have also got a Body and front hub cover.

Neil Lucas

I've asked for some piccies and other details to put in this advert. But feel free to contact the seller if you're interested in obtaining this special C5.

For info, Neil was one of the guys that took part in the 2007 London-Brighton run (using a borrowed C5, not the one he is selling)
« Last Edit: 26, April, 2010 - 09:06:15 by BooBoo »

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: c5 with Adam Harper 24v conversion for sale
« Reply #1 on: 09, January, 2010 - 19:16:20 »
I'm guessing the other thing you'll be asking to accompany the ad, is the price?  I was going to ask how much it is, then I read that there's a metal gearbox, which would really spell megabucks!

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 21, January, 2010 - 10:50:03 »
Neil has been back in touch, here are some piccies of his marvellous C5 ;

A quote from his email ;

I am the original owner and that I am looking in the region of £1,000.00 - £1,200.00. It is also complete with a new set of Grey & Blue Side Panels and cover. Along with Indicators and wing mirrors. The body is in excellent condition and has only probably done about 20 miles max.

A lot of money, but then it is a lot of C5. I've never seen another one with a genuine Adam Harper 24v conversion. Who knows, in this current financial climate, there may be room for haggling ?

Contact Neil direct if you're interested in this rare c5.

email: neillucasmusic@aol.com

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #3 on: 21, January, 2010 - 12:08:04 »
obviously a very nice machine with expensive extra's, but imo he is asking to much.

unless one of us really wants all those expensive bits which also makes it road illigal (not that i'd split on you - honest  ;D) and has the disposable income to throw at it, its a bit like having gold taps in the bathroom, cost a lot of wonga might even look nice (nope!) but in every event don't 'up' the value of the house, so your unlikely to re-cope the outlay.

and if you id buy it - would you dare drive it and risk a devaluing scratch or theft? be hard enough to catch a standard C5 running by after it let alone a 24 volt wizzer  :o

wish him well but not for me - i'll await Karls gearbox

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 21, January, 2010 - 22:38:18 »
I believe the the difference with this one is that it is switchable from 12 to 24v, plus retains usage of the pod and control box making it quite special.

http://www.sinclair-research.co.uk/c5/modifications.php

I think the cost of full conversion is around £500, which for me makes a difference on how you view the price.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 22, January, 2010 - 00:09:54 »
A very nice C5 indeed and as Boo Boo say's something quite special

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 22, January, 2010 - 06:24:55 »
Very nice, would be great to get one like it, but ain't got a grand to spend  :'( I'm not a greedy man (apart from when it comes to Haribo's and Ice Cream etc :D) But I wish I could buy it. Just a little lottery win, enough to pay off the mortage would be nice so I could treat myself more to a small collection of delights. I would like the Morris in the the garage aswell  :) 

Retro Andy

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #8 on: 30, January, 2010 - 08:50:50 »
It did'nt sell on e-bay then.

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #9 on: 30, January, 2010 - 12:07:33 »
Yeah - To be honest, in the current climate it doen't matter how nice a C5 is  - the 'top book' price has fallen.  I think this will be a long term investment.

automino

« Reply #10 on: 30, January, 2010 - 14:07:33 »
Hi DOes anyone know if the jet powered C5 sold on ebay and for how much?

c515mph

« Reply #11 on: 30, January, 2010 - 18:24:21 »
I did make a good offer on the jet C5 and the Adam Harper vehicle,but unfortunatly,even with the highest bid,did not reach the reserve.
I would have gone to 700 on that one but at over 1000,that is a big investment.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #12 on: 30, January, 2010 - 18:51:05 »
I agree Ray at £600 to £700 would be a good price to pay for it, but if I owned it I reckon I would'nt what to see it go for less than £1000 though, it is a really nice one. Shame you did'nt get the jet powered C5.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 03, April, 2010 - 08:44:19 »
I've heard through the grapevine that this has now sold