News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Saturday 14th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway  (Read 22561 times)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Re: Saturday 14th May 2011 - A.E.R at Santa Pod Raceway
« Reply #30 on: 10, May, 2011 - 17:53:32 »
Still waiting for mine !!  :'(

I have sent mine in twice now and still nothing......  :-[

John I've just emailed Rick on your behalf to check! Team c5alive needs Plod :)

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 10, May, 2011 - 18:32:59 »
The good news is I've spoken with the organiser (see earlier posting) and the promised emails have arrived , the bad news is that Plod has been left off the list  :o . No worries though Plod, I'll add your details to the confirmation email I'll be sending back tonight  8)

Here is a copy of the email giving the programme of events ;

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your support of Alternative Energy Racing at Santa Pod Raceway. This year’s event is all set to be another great day at the Pod, but there are a few changes that should hopefully make this event another step better and more interesting.

The first thing to mention is that AE Racing is no longer on a Friday, and is now on a “Run What Ya Brung” Saturday. AE Racing is no longer sharing a weekend with the Volkswagen show it previously did… but it’s great to see there are still plenty of Volkswagens involved, so thanks for sticking with us guys! The track will be open to other (non-AER) vehicles taking part in the “Run What Ya Brung” day, but AER will have it’s own paddock and race classes.

The 2011 entrants are listed on this web-page here: http://aeracing.org/entry2011.php

Tickets

Each entry listed will have three entry tickets allocated per vehicle unless agreed otherwise. Feel free to email me to check what tickets I have against your name. It will be much easier to sort this out now rather than on the day, so please check your tickets if you are unsure.

Tickets will be held under the driver’s name, and will be available to collect at the gate on arrival.

Tickets are also valid for camping on Sat night if you wish to do so, but be aware that there is a large performance car event on the following day, so don’t expect much of a lie-in!

Arrival

The gates to Santa Pod Raceway will be open at around 8am on Saturday, and you are welcome to arrive from then onwards. There is no rush, the track itself will not likely open until 10am, but you are welcome to arrive early is you want to get set up and ready.

Collect your tickets at the gate on arrival.

The pits will be located near the startline, ask site marshals/staff for directions to the AE Racing pits. Please park up considerately and move any trailers/crew vehicles to the nearby grass area.

Sign On

Please visit the sign-on office once you are pitted. You need to do this to be able to use the track. Sign-on is free for all registered entrants, and you will need to show your DVLA driving licence to the sign-on staff, so please DO NOT FORGET IT.

Sessions

Although the track is open all day and you are welcome to run whenever you are ready, I am planning to run sessions at the following times:

1230h, 1430h, 1530h, 1630h, 1730h

I will ask racers to kindly be ready to run at these times and wait in the staging lanes a few minutes before the times above and get paired up with whoever they want to race against. This will create a nice spectacle where all vehicles run together and the commentators can announce what is happening instead of getting lost in the general Run What Ya Brung.

Timing and Winners

Trophies will be presented at 6pm on the track startline for the fastest alt fuel and electric vehicle over the ¼ mile. Slower vehicles can also be timed over the 1/8th mile, and I will work out a system for informing the timing crew to switch the timing system over.

Handling Track

There will also be a tight handling track available that is timed, but no trophies available. This is free to enter and will be open from midday until 1700h.

Food, Drink & Catering

There will be a full range of catering open at the event. Please bring some cash.

Electric Supply

I have been promised a powerful generator for this event to charge electric vehicles. This should provide a good 3-phase and 13amp supply, but I would appreciate it if all electric vehicle entrants could bring vehicles as fully charged as possible and with as many long extension leads and adaptor plugs as they can get their hands on! Charging is only for vehicles – no computers/mobile phones etc etc etc.

Don’t Forget…

- Driving licence. You need this to sign on to use the track.

- Helmets for open-top vehicles and anything going faster than 110mph over the finish line.

- Helmet, suitable protective clothing (e.g. leathers/synthetic equiv. suit) and gloves for motorcycle riders

- Cycle helmet for cycle-type vehicles travelling at less than 30mph. Motorcycle gear required for anything faster.

I look forward to seeing all your fantastic vehicles very soon! Yours sincerely,

Rick Cuthbert

Santa Pod Raceway

T 0208 852 5005

Please note the part about Driving Licence and protective clothing

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #32 on: 10, May, 2011 - 19:07:20 »
Thanks for that Karl, i was getting worried  :-\

Look forward to seeing everyone, hope the weather holds off - Just watched the forcast and it says showers over the weekend, Sunday will be the worst, so fingers crossed for Saturday.

John

Karl

« Reply #33 on: 13, May, 2011 - 12:12:44 »
The weather forecast for tomorrow is a bit grim  :-[ , despite me specifically requesting the same warm sunny weather as last year !

However, I do know that the c5's run well in the rain coz we've been on a few runs before that have been blessed with liquid sunshine so I've decided to go whatever the weather.

See you there with brollies & waterproofs  ;D

Note for Plod - despite what the AER website says at the moment , I can confirm you are on the list .I spoke with Rick via email this afternoon  8)
« Last Edit: 13, May, 2011 - 12:43:28 by BooBoo »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #34 on: 13, May, 2011 - 20:51:44 »
Thanks for that, see you all tomorrow .....

John

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #35 on: 13, May, 2011 - 22:01:47 »
What time are people here planning to get there / leave?

I want to come but as I said to Karl I don't think I'll manage more than a couple hours :(

Offline noonoo

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #36 on: 14, May, 2011 - 05:20:39 »
Hi Mike

Most people are aiming for 10am.

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #37 on: 14, May, 2011 - 09:06:47 »
I'm only spectating, and hoping to get there for about 11.00am  :)

Daz

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #38 on: 14, May, 2011 - 10:30:56 »
I hope you all have a good day!!!!!

Lance

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #39 on: 14, May, 2011 - 12:16:42 »
Family things have meant I cannot attend this :(

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #40 on: 14, May, 2011 - 21:36:21 »
Fantastic day all round !

Thanks to Karl for arranging the day and the go in challenger, i need more speed !!!!

Looking forward to next year already  ;D

I will bring ear defenders next year, my ears are still bleeding  :o

Some pics here and video to follow once the PC stops playing up.

Picture of the Day !

« Last Edit: 15, May, 2011 - 09:43:52 by PLOD11 »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #41 on: 15, May, 2011 - 07:49:47 »
Another fantastic day out at Santa Pod - great to see everyone going for it and the crowds loving the C5'S. Massive thank you to Electric Dave for letting me pilot the C5000 reaching 55mph on 24v - cant wait to see it in action when gets up to 48v !!!!! Mrs Radiomarty now has the need for speed and the conversion of our 'stock' C5'S can start with full approval- Loads of great cars to watch and finishing with Team C5alive group outing to watch the Santa Pod jet car in action --- dreams of a 230 mph c5...................Many thanks again to Karl for arranging another great day out in the varied and wacky world of C5Alive  :) :)

Great photo's plod :) - our photo's to follow soon  ;D
« Last Edit: 15, May, 2011 - 07:52:48 by radiomarty »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #42 on: 15, May, 2011 - 09:11:04 »
My Ears are still bleeding  :'(

Watch the windows in the porta cabins  :o

Click on the pic for video

I think he went Back to the future !!  ;D

I want one of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhIl9oiV6M&NR=1&feature=fvwp
« Last Edit: 15, June, 2011 - 11:13:08 by PLOD11 »

Karl

« Reply #43 on: 15, May, 2011 - 11:00:12 »
Some excellent piccies there  8)

I think we all had a really excellent day out. The rain held off until the drive home, although it was windy enough to get the gazebo airbourne and cold enough for us to need jumpers and coats - not enough to stop the us enjoying the day though  :)

Fastest C5 of the day was the c-5000 running at 24v and reaching 55mph, piloted by the fearless (volunteered in his absence) RadioMarty. Sadly the snags that cropped up at last years BVS electrathon came back to spoil the 48v run so no speed figures available for that. A bit of a disappointment for electricdave , I don't feel he got the rewards for all the effort he put in. I am sure that he will get it sorted and get that 48v upgrade running for the next outing though  8) .His other creations, "Challenger" and "Voodoo" performed without fault despite being thrashed mercilessly by the speed crazed "Mrs Radiomarty" ,Plod , Jordan and rentboyDave making their track debut   ;D It was good to see everyone having several runs on each of the "performance" c5's and coming back with the famous "c5 grin".  Even happier that they all came back safe and sound  :D

The other AER entrants produced some amazing vehicles with impressive performance , and it was nice to meet up with some friends from last years event. The pit area was great fun, with a few people trying out each others creations - all good stuff. Some really talented people are producing some incredible machines.

An added bonus this year was getting to watch the "run what you brung" guys powering down the track. Some seriously impressive kit out there ! But it was the jet car that was obviously by far and away the most awesome vehicle of the day !   

Thanks to everyone for coming along and taking part as "teamC5alive" it wouldn't have been as much fun without you all there.

Some of our piccies from the day;

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #44 on: 15, May, 2011 - 11:23:14 »
Some more Video !!
click on the pic for video
Mr and Mrs Radio marty

Mrs Radio marty and someone with a Pink Helmet
« Last Edit: 15, June, 2011 - 11:15:29 by PLOD11 »