News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011  (Read 39361 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Hope everyone that's going has a safe journey and a great time. Looking forward to seeing all the pics.

Have fun  ;D

Elmo

Helloooooo!!

Just thought id do a quick post to let you guys know we've completed the 28KM run with only one chain tensioner accident... not bad considering!!! There were 16 of us in total so a good turnout... heres to next year  ;D ;D ;D

Also a MASSIVE thank you to Frank and the other Dutch C5ers for making it a really unique experience and being so friendly and patient  :D

from, Jordan (Elmo), Karl (Booboo), Angie (Noonoo), Dave (Rentboy), Steve and Scott x

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Thanx for the kind words, I really did enjoy organizing it so your more then welcome. You could say, we are a friendly crowd "all of us" so it had to be a great and nice day. Thanks to you all and lets hope for the same nice weather tomorrow for the second run.

Just a photo-moment on route.
And yes, its a Bentley in the background.

greetz

Frank

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
We had a fantastic day  thankyou Frank you arranged an outstanding run and bluebird completed it but I think the front wheel bearings are shot:-) so great thanks to the Dutch guys for their hospitality Scott and the gang.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Looks fantastic, i will be puting this one in next years diary  8)

Offline Ton C5

• Battery level: 4
  • If it aint broken, dont fix it
Hi every body,

i had a great day saturday sorry i could not be there on sunday  :(
i sure will try my best to be present next year where ever it me be  :)
thanks to frank for organising this event . Frank you did a great job. !

and to everybody ho asked me what my name on the forum was (which i didn't know  :-[ )

I am ton C5  :D

from Maassluis in Holland

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Looks like you all had a great time.

Retro Andy.

Karl

This first netherlands run has to be a contender for the best ever meeting we've held.

Frank did an excellent job in creating a two day event that had something for everyone to enjoy - stately homes, windmills, breathtaking scenery, locks & canals, picnics in the forests, a stork village, a car factory , excellent bike lanes, top hotel and very friendly group of people , a penny farthing rider taking part - and we got a free mug  8) What more could you ask for   ;D ?

Zutphen itself is a real gem, being an incredibly pretty place with lots to see and do .Sitting by the fountain enjoying the cafe culture was a memorable treat in itself. The Hotel was incredible being helpful in storing the c5's and looking after our needs, good food ,nice rooms and amazing facilities - swimming pool, bowling, tennis courts etc etc - and a couple of bars to keep Scott happy. :D

The runs themselves were completed without any real drama, oddly enough there always seems to be one fault that crops up on every run that then goes on to repeat itself. Sometimes its punctures or wheel bearings - for this trip it was chain tensioner clips ! Three fell off making cable tie bodges the required skill of the day. Despite completing two quite lengthy runs, the c5's coped really well - although a few cases of chain slip and belt slip were evident at the end  ;D

16 c5's took part, with only one failure that was recovered home just 1 mile from the finish. Due to an overtight chain the axle was pinching its bearings each end - and actually caused the axle to heat up to a point it melted the motor mount (the metal was too hot to touch !)  :o So, if you have to make a choice , stick with chain slip rather than overtighten the chain !!

Given that the c5's are now over 26years old they all coped really well.

A massive thank you to Frank for sorting out the logistics and arranging everything and a huge thank you for everyone who took part - it was a superb weekend and one to be repeated again next year.

Some photo's to follow  8)

Karl

Some piccies from the day ;

My trusty 4x4 and trailer combo (unsung hero/workhorse of the event)

..and setting up for the first run;

Karl

a few more photo's from the route ;

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Great pics there Karl  ;D
Looks like you all had a really nice time, and i take it from the pics that the weather was kind to you all on both runs.

That Penny Farthing owner sure knows how to dress for the occasion  :) Did he come with you on both runs ?

Daz

Karl

The visit to the Burton car company;

Karl

Great pics there Karl  ;D
Looks like you all had a really nice time, and i take it from the pics that the weather was kind to you all on both runs.

That Penny Farthing owner sure knows how to dress for the occasion  :) Did he come with you on both runs ?

Daz

He certainly did  8) He is a really nice guy and also owns a c5 (you can see his lad using it in the earlier piccies). Helped get us noticed  ;D :D 

Karl

a very special c5 at the meeting;

..but this picture sums up what the weekend was all about ; meeting new friends who share the same hobby - The Sinclair C5

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
a very special c5 at the meeting;

What one earth is that and WHERE CAN I GET ONE!