News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Fitting new Tyres & Tubes  (Read 8378 times)

Karl

Fitting new Tyres & Tubes
« on: 23, July, 2008 - 11:03:41 »
FITTING SCHWALBE CITY JETS
Fit new tyre to rim taking into account the drive direction printed on the wall.
Insert inner tube into tyre with valve through hole in rim and partially inflate. Note: the tube may seem “oversize” – don’t panic as this is perfectly normal !
Now push the tyre onto the rim with your thumbs taking care not to pinch the inner tube. This can be hard towards the end but can be helped by pushing the fitted part of the tyre into the rim.
Before inflating the tyre check that it is centred into the rim by hitting with both hands at opposite sides of the tyre while rotating.
Now start to inflate checking the tyre is centred on the rim if not adjust as above.
You should now have successfully fitted your SCHWALBE CITY JET tyre.
I inflate my rear and front tyres to 40PSI.

If you take care in fitting your tyres you will get many trouble free miles.

The rear tyres:
CITY JET TYRES are 16*1.95 / 54-305
ORIGINAL SINCLAIR TYRES are 16*2 / 54-305
As you can see from the numbers they are an excellent replacement tyre for your Sinclair C5

spudit2003

Re: Fitting new Tyres & Tubes
« Reply #1 on: 28, August, 2008 - 12:53:58 »
hi
is the front tyre that C5alive sells a 12" or a 12 1/2"? because it says 12" on your site but in the manual the original spec says that the front tyre is 12 1/2"x2 1/4".
thanks

Karl

Re: Fitting new Tyres & Tubes
« Reply #2 on: 28, August, 2008 - 13:23:21 »
The front Schwalbe tyres we supply are 12 x 1.95

They are a superb front tyre for the C5, and have yet to present any problems in the two years I've been using them - including 64miles in one day for the 2007 London Brighton run.

They are also the tyre of choice for Chris Crosskey who over the years has covered 15,000 miles on his C5.

So I'm quite confident they are up to the job  8)