News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: * cancelled * National Microcar Rally : Sunday 4th September 2011  (Read 5688 times)

Karl

National Microcar Rally 2011

The Bug Club will host the rally at The Atwell~Wilson motor museum, Calne Somerset on September 1st – 4th 2011

http://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

We've been invited to come along and support their attempt at a new world record for microcars. I propose we go along on the Saturday to camp overnight and put on a static display for the Sunday like we've done at previous car shows.

More details nearer the time  :)
« Last Edit: 19, August, 2011 - 07:32:26 by BooBoo »

Nitrowing

Re: National Microcar Rally : Sunday 4th September 2011
« Reply #1 on: 11, April, 2011 - 20:50:45 »
I have a Reliant Rebel and Reliant Kitten but as has been pointed out in other posts, all the events are too far away :(

Offline peckishere

• Battery level: 3
    • peckishere's Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 12, April, 2011 - 11:32:55 »
I'm very interested in this event, looking forward for more info about it in the future

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 04, August, 2011 - 20:52:40 »
This event isn't too far off now so I've checked the website for any more details, there is some info regarding the website record attempt it  ;

Back in 1986 at Burford, when the last recognised attempt for the ‘most microcars in one place’ happened, there were 185 vehicles recorded. Twenty five years ago Guinness Records recognised this event and we hoped that this would be the case again.   Despite our best efforts over a sustained period, we find that they now no longer monitor this type of record and can’t be persuaded otherwise.

..seems a real shame  :-\

The microcar rally itself is still going ahead and is a four day event, which is too long for me. I was thinking more along the lines of either just turning up for the Sunday , or maybe camp overnight Saturday and take part in Sundays display.

Anyone else likely to join in ?   

copendriver

« Reply #4 on: 04, August, 2011 - 22:53:37 »
Hey this sounds really great.

Happy to pitch up and attend & help out where I can, I've family nearby so I could stay over with ease.

Keep me posted Karl.

Thanks

Neil x

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 07, August, 2011 - 19:19:45 »
If anyone is interested in coming along here are some details ;

Hi Karl

yes please bring along your C5s you will need to pay for a rally pack £6 and camping is £10 for tents £12 for caravans and motorhomes per night.we do not take advance payments you just pay when you arrive
see you soon

It would be nice for a couple of us to camp overnight into Sunday and take part in the static show. So far it's Neil and myself, any others fancy coming along ?

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 11, August, 2011 - 14:02:13 »
As there's not much interest in this event I may have to consider cancelling our attendance so if you are still deciding whether or not to come along and display your c5 please let me know asap.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #7 on: 15, August, 2011 - 20:59:28 »
Hi Karl

I am interested in this, i will have to find a tent from somewhere, i may have one in the shed !!!

Let me know if this is still on..

John

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 19, August, 2011 - 07:31:27 »
Hi Plod - I've had to withdraw from this event   :(,  the organiser has been informed.

Just to clarify the event is still going ahead, just that "c5alive" won't be going.
« Last Edit: 19, August, 2011 - 07:33:34 by BooBoo »

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: * cancelled * National Microcar Rally : Sunday 4th September 2011
« Reply #9 on: 19, August, 2011 - 10:27:50 »
No problem  :'( ....

I might still venture along to it and fly the flag for the C5 ....    ;)
« Last Edit: 19, August, 2011 - 11:04:31 by PLOD11 »