News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: 7th/8th July 2012 Ardingly Historic Vehicles Rally  (Read 5196 times)

Karl

7th/8th July 2012 Ardingly Historic Vehicles Rally
« on: 27, December, 2011 - 09:52:47 »
More details to follow, and subject to confirmation, but I hope to get along to this event in 2012. It will mean overnight camping with beer tent and BBQ's to enjoy and is always a really fun weekend whatever the weather. This is possibly the largest show of its kind in the Southeast with a huge variety of interesting vehicles on show, plus the autojumble section has proven to be a good source of  spares in the past so well worth a visit.

The 2012 show will be fundraising for Help for Heroes, so another good reason to join in  8)
http://ardinglyvcvshow.org.uk/

To get a taste of how good the event is ,check out the archive section for details of our previous visits  ;D
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1000.0

Hopefully Scott will be along with another of his superb BBQ's
« Last Edit: 27, December, 2011 - 09:56:07 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: 7th/8th July 2012 Ardingly Historic Vehicles Rally
« Reply #1 on: 31, March, 2012 - 11:26:59 »
The cut-off date for registering to attend this event is end of April, so if you want to come along and display your own c5 on the c5alive stand you need to get you request in fairly soon. Registration provides free camping and entry for two persons.

This is a really nice event and worthwhile attending ,especially if Scott comes along and does one of his awesome BBQ's  8)  For those camping overnight there are onsite showers , catering and a really good beer tent with live band.

If you want to come along then send an email to; microcars@ardinglyvcvshow.org.uk

website for this event is : www.ardinglyvcvshow.org.uk
« Last Edit: 31, March, 2012 - 11:33:39 by BooBoo »

Offline steve_1360

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #2 on: 01, April, 2012 - 21:48:48 »
This looks like a good event, maybe next year as its the same weekend as classic le mans this year. Just must get my Triumph working!

Offline BrooklandsC5

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #3 on: 05, April, 2012 - 21:26:15 »
Hi Karl

Been out of touch for a few months. We should be able to get along to this one though. I have applied for passes and a camping permit.

Cheers

Tony

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 08, April, 2012 - 11:07:25 »
Hi Karl

Been out of touch for a few months. We should be able to get along to this one though. I have applied for passes and a camping permit.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony , good to hear from you again. I'll be camping there Saturday night into Sunday , look forward to meeting up  :)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 23, May, 2012 - 21:17:32 »
My entry tickets and car passes etc for this event have arrived so if you've registered and not received your exhibitors pack by the end of the month you might need to make some enquiries.

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
« Reply #6 on: 22, June, 2012 - 16:02:50 »
I will be there with my BBQ Karl  ;D

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 22, June, 2012 - 20:51:51 »
I will be there with my BBQ Karl  ;D

Superb  8)

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 08, July, 2012 - 22:09:27 »
whoa...that was a soggy one  :o

I dont think it stopped raining from Saturday lunchtime all the way through to when we finally gave up and packed everything away ready to leave at 1pm Sunday  :'( The clean up operation will continue for a few days yet  ::)

A real shame because I know the guys that run this event only just make a profit when the weather is ok, so when it is as grim as it was this weekend I can only assume they ran it at a loss. There were large gaps in the displays where exhibitors chose to stay away (cant say I blame them !) and so very few paying guests. The rain was relentless  :(

We made the best of it though and had a marvellous BBQ inside the gazebos  ;D with Scott showing his superb master chef skills. We were all very well fed before venturing off into the beer tent . Which is probably why none of us were able to drink too many pints... no room left :)

A big thank you to Scott, Les , Tony , Max and Steve for coming along to help out with our soggy display. Everything will hopefully be dried out and cleaned up in time for Brooklands  ;)