News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Most Expensive C5 on the Planet  (Read 5226 times)

Offline c5mick

• Battery level: 3
  • Live for today, tomorrow may not be as good
Re: Most Expensive C5 on the Planet
« Reply #15 on: 29, December, 2013 - 10:29:12 »
Luke
It's not affordable to me, but it would be for someone with loads of wonga they don't know what to do with.
£10,000 is certainly a talking point. One or two people I thought had no interest in C5's have said to me "there is one of those C5's on EBay, didn't realise a boxed one was worth that much, and so on and so on. Next thing you know every boxed C5 is having a dusting off ready for sale. If someone sticks another on EBay at the side of it for £1200 then I dare bet it's gone in a flash. Just sitting back and watching with interest where this is going. Do we actually need the white van and straight jacket yet for the seller, I don't think so.

Dan
I think you need to corner the market first,lol. Perhaps you could have a word with the £10,000 seller and ask him if he would like to buy the coat, it may help him attain his asking price then.
Mick

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #16 on: 29, December, 2013 - 11:21:30 »
I had a 1954 Raliegh Dawn Tourist... Standard bike, worth about £60. I noticed one in America on FleeBay for £6,500. I contacted the seller asking what made him think it was worth so much and his response wasalong the lines of "If someone wants it, they'll pay it". He was a trader, had about 40 stupidly priced bikes for sale and it actually sold about 8 months later! Money doesn't buy intelligence... If I'd made £100 for mine which was in better condition I'd have been laughing...

Offline Theojw71

• Battery level: 0
  • My OTHER car is a C5...
« Reply #17 on: 27, April, 2014 - 11:24:05 »
As with most things in life, if you offer it free people think it has no value, and if you ridiculously overprice something then it becomes 'desirable'. So this is good news for the reputation of the C5. Just watch the snide jokes about it disappear as the price tag goes through the roof.