News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: "Dave" has gone back to school !!  (Read 3826 times)

Karl

"Dave" has gone back to school !!
« on: 28, February, 2010 - 20:03:49 »
I've loaned "Dave" the c5 to Oliver for a school project. He's appearing at Wymondham College  8)

Here's an update from Oliver;

"C5 has arrived fine it is great I have shown it to the school assembly today and everyone loves Dave it has gone down very well....

........its great fun!

This was Olivers original request;

I am looking to borrow a C5 for a school project.
I need it to show to people whilst doing my market research.
I have got to set up a product and write about it for my as level business studies coursework and I am relaunching the Sinclair

Looks like it's going quite well so far  ;D

Karl

Re: "Dave" has gone back to school !!
« Reply #1 on: 11, March, 2010 - 11:33:40 »
"Dave" is back home  :D ;

..and yes he is living inside the house until I sell my xj900 and or the mini-el (at least until Angie gets home from work anyways  ;)).

Simply run out of space in my garage  :o

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 11, March, 2010 - 16:30:23 »
Sell your xj900 ? dont do it ! I sold my bike about eighteen months ago, but since having two cars for a period of time afterwards, we're back to only one car and I'm know looking at bikes again, thinking about getting an electric scooter, no petrol, no tax, nice and cheap, they do about 45mph and have a range of about 40 miles, so would only have to charge it once a week costing about 10p. I would still be able to look after one of your C5's for you Karl if you wanted.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 11, March, 2010 - 17:58:24 »
Sell your xj900 ? dont do it !

..this is what I'm selling;

..to make space for this ;

I won't be bikeless  8) as I need one to commute to work since I refuse to pay £3k per year for a season ticket on the trains :o .

The Honda was too good an opportunity to miss ,but I cant afford both bikes so the XJ900 has to go. I'll be chatting to my local dealer next week, if no joy there then it'll be on Ebay (unless I receive any suitable offers for it  ;))

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 11, March, 2010 - 22:38:13 »
Hi Karl,

think you need to state 'offers in the region of £NNNN.NN'.

i had the earlier 900 diversion, great bike much loved by courier bikers.

some PTW talk, i've just bought a new (2010) Honda Silver Wing 600 cc scooter, and really really pleased with it.

nippy enough to be fun, big enough on the motorways not to be buffeted to badly, and loads of weather protection being a scoot, especially to the feet in the rain.

i sold a 2004 Piaggio 500cc Evo on Ebay, the buyer came all he way from Cardiff - with his wife - on the coach and trains, to collect it. then after a short run drove it back home. get this, all without seeing it prior to 'buy it now', no returns on transaction and had never rode a scoot before in his ife or used a squeeze and go bike.

now that's what i call keen lol!

emailed me to say they got home safe and sound, which i'm releived and pleased about, as they are really nice people.

hope you do as well as i did, as i bought the scoot, had it for 2 years and got what i paid for it, all it cost me was a belt and vriator :)

regs
alan

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 11, March, 2010 - 23:01:38 »
I had an old honda cb 400cc when I first pasted my test, fantastic little bike. Nice looking bike Karl, I do perfer it to the yamaha. This is the sort of thing I've got in mind, ideal for me to go to work on, cheap and eco friendly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRIC-SCOOTER-1500watt-ALMOST-400-OFF_W0QQitemZ220569056832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item335af0b640

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 12, March, 2010 - 20:30:22 »
Might be worth looking through the BVS website ,maybe join their forum, and see if they've any knowledge of these electric mopeds.

Some, but not all, Chinese scooters are very poor quality and not worth the money no matter how cheap they seem.

It does look good though  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 13, March, 2010 - 20:13:55 »
Might be worth looking through the BVS website ,maybe join their forum, and see if they've any knowledge of these electric mopeds.

Some, but not all, Chinese scooters are very poor quality and not worth the money no matter how cheap they seem.

It does look good though  :)

I must agree I have similiar thoughts of the Chinese quality (like using a shed load of plastic chrome) but then its only for covering about 7 miles a day to work and back, plus thats the same sort of thing people said about the C5, but we know that they really quite good  :)

Retro Andy.