News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: ** SOLD ** Overhauled C5 for sale in Crawley - £345 ovno (as used in Zutphen !)  (Read 4286 times)

Karl

Fresh from its trip to the Netherlands where it took part in our Zutphen meeting  8)

http://www.c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=215&osCsid=38ab4e2a14e0b3ab019878d35556edb6

Chassis shot blasted, followed by three stage paint process of primer , top coat and lacquer

Rear chassis "hoop" shot blasted and repainted

Front forks shot blasted and repainted

Front brake caliper shot blasted and repainted

Motor and gearbox assembly dismantled, cleaned and re-greased

New drive belt

New brake cables

New front brake blocks

New decals

Replacement tyres and tubes (all three wheels)

Front wheel bearings re-greased

Front fork assembly re-greased

Handlebar stem bearings re-greased

C5alive wiring kit fitted.

Comes with odd flagpole base included !

The bodyshell has some deep scratches in the usual places (front "corners" & underneath etc.)and it could do with a thorough valeting (not included), but should clean up well. This is a tidy c5 ready for use with a fully working control box and pod. Both the lights are in full working order, although the rear lens does have a slight crack.

All it needs is a battery (not supplied) and a new owner !

Priced at £345 ovno., delivery is possible at extra cost of fuel (return journey). Email me for details.

All the hard work has been done , ready to use on the next c5alive meeting  ;)
« Last Edit: 24, July, 2011 - 08:27:33 by BooBoo »

toastie

Re: Overhauled C5 for sale - £345 ovno (as used in Zutphen !)
« Reply #1 on: 16, July, 2011 - 20:57:55 »
where are you mate ?

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 16, July, 2011 - 22:37:18 »
where are you mate ?

..Crawley, West Sussex ( not far from Gatwick Airport).

toastie

« Reply #3 on: 17, July, 2011 - 17:07:12 »
cheers , bit far but you never know , if i end up that way for something else

ta d

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 17, July, 2011 - 17:59:24 »
cheers , bit far but you never know , if i end up that way for something else

ta d

It may well be sold by then  ;D, if history repeats itself it usually ends up with a few interested people deciding whether or not to buy followed by a mad rush of buyers all wanting it after its sold  :D 

C'est la vie !

toastie

« Reply #5 on: 18, July, 2011 - 00:40:07 »
it sounds a nice one so sure you will have no prob selling it . the way fuel is now i reckon it would put 60 quid on the price and a day running about , im hopping for a local ish one but its not happened yet , iv got mates all over the place the come this way but no luck yet , i kind of want a dog so i can pull it apart and sus it all out but a good un has its apeel so i can get in and use it .

cheers . good luck with sale , if i find anyone your way i may well get back to you :)

ta d

copendriver

« Reply #6 on: 18, July, 2011 - 15:02:02 »
Hey Karl

Back in London as of Wednesday afternoon.
Sent you an e-mail with my contact details & maybe I can come & view / test drive the C5 you have up for sale sometime this week?

See how you are fixed & I can work around your time frame.

Cheers Neil

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 18, July, 2011 - 18:56:56 »
No worries Neil, sent you a reply.

copendriver

All being well & good I have found myself a new toy! YAY
« Reply #8 on: 24, July, 2011 - 01:34:52 »
Hey Karl & Angie.

Thanks ever-so for the wee test drive today & I think you've a sale on your hands!
Dropped you an e-mail and Im sure we can chat about logistics, payment & delivery dates /times tomorrow ;D

Next will be a posting with me looking to buy bits and bats for as yet un-named C5!!! It'll be nag nag nag!!! Not really I promise!!! Although I think there will be a raft of stupid newbie questions so I apologize all......

My mate Michael that came with me is an engineering nut! & teaches it at uni and something of a steam train buff, so I thought he was perfect to come along & test drive the C5, think he was more excited than me!

Speak soon. Neil

Karl

It was great meeting you guys , glad you enjoyed the test drive and it was good to see you both return with the famous "C5 grin"  ;D

Next up you'll need one for Michael as well....and don't forget to come along to some of the meetings and events.

As for all the questions, thats what the c5alive site is for - to help you get the most out of the new love of your life  ;D ;)   

In the meantime, I'll show this as SOLD  :)

« Last Edit: 24, July, 2011 - 08:28:01 by BooBoo »

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Nice one Karl, another one sold. That stash of yours must be getting lower.

Lance

copendriver

Hey Many thanks Karl.

Really pleased with my purchase & have put the C5 through her paces today & I'm very happy indeed. I've had a STUPID silly grin on my face all day & will probably hit the sack still smiling as I cannot believe I now own a C5 if 26 years late!

Still have to take the wheel off to get her in and out of the house, but with a little gentle care I have managed to work out a way of making this 2 man job reasonable for me to handle alone!

The Loan of the Battery & Charger was such a thoughtful touch & felt rather indulged, not having to rely on pedal power alone until sourcing my own battery packs & chargers! I'll be sure to take good care & return them as soon as possible. Cheers Neil

Karl

Hi Lance - you're right , the stash is slowly getting smaller but there will be a few more sold off once I get round to building them  ;).

Neil - you're most welcome to the loan of a battery and charger, there was no way I could have left you there with no way of powering up the new love of your life.  So glad to see you're already out there enjoying the c5 experience to the full  8)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Its never to late to own a C5, Best thing ever ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was looking at the Millenium route, it looks interesting where it crosses over the the 102 at the entrance to the Blackwall tunnel, there must be a bridge there somewhere.  :o

I am in Peterborough but work in London, so maybe one Sunday could give it ago.

John
PLOD11