News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Another TV filming project  (Read 7601 times)

Karl

Another TV filming project
« on: 30, May, 2009 - 10:08:40 »
I've received this email ;

Dear Karl,

I am contacting you regarding a factual drama about Sinclair / Acorn in the early 80's being made for BBC 4 television in which we are hoping to feature some C5s.

I attach a synopsis outlining the story.

Although the programme focuses mainly on the development of personal computers during this period, it also obviously coinsides with the development and production of the C5.

There are therefor a number of scenes in which we would like to see prototype C5s (at 3 diffrent stages of development) and also production C5s
- see attached list.

Unless you know of any prototypes in existence, it is likely that we will build approximations to those pictured in 'The Sinclair Story' for the 'early prototypes', but hope to be able to 'adapt' production C5s for the 'mid' and 'advanced' prototypes (eg. remove the body?). For the production model that Clive drives we will require one (+ one reserve) that looks new.

If you think you / C5 Alive might be able to help with any of these items, I would be very grateful if you would get in touch to discuss it further.

Kind regards,

Tim Stevenson

I've already replied that we should be able to help out. Due to work commitments I might need some help with this one, depends on what date and location they decide on.

If you think you might be able to help, let me know.

They are looking for a C5 that has to be completely standard ie - no website stickers ,weird horns etc. I doubt the wiring kits will be an issue, but the c5 must look standard. The filming location has not yet been decided, but might be in the Cambridge area.
« Last Edit: 30, June, 2009 - 14:57:51 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Another TV filming project
« Reply #1 on: 30, May, 2009 - 12:51:41 »
I would love to help Karl, as you know i am keen to help when and where i can and if its going to be in the Cambridge area i am closer for this one. Although i have only just fitted the web site address stickers on Charlie they could be removed/replaced. Please let me know.

Retro Andy. 

« Last Edit: 31, May, 2009 - 08:11:02 by Retro Andy »

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #2 on: 30, May, 2009 - 14:14:40 »
Are mirrors ok?
Mark

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 30, May, 2009 - 17:07:57 »
As you know I have an almost bog standard one, with the tires being 3rd party.  If you need it just let me know.

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #4 on: 02, June, 2009 - 10:32:38 »
well its in my home town so i can help with anything you need guys will need to know dates to sort out time off but would realy like to do it

c515mph

« Reply #5 on: 02, June, 2009 - 17:40:50 »
If I can help in any way,let me know.
( Have C5s Will Travel)Hehehe. 8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 02, June, 2009 - 17:50:51 »
Ray you will have to take your show piece (the new C5) to show off you can't get any more original than that.
P.S. How is your wife's arm.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 02, June, 2009 - 21:46:22 »
It's really reassuring to see so many offers of help - hopefully we've got this one sorted !

As soon as more details come through I'll pass them on  8)

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 11, June, 2009 - 15:46:55 »
...latest info;

....Though our location dates are STILL yet to be confirmed, it looks most likely that we will be shooting the final scene involving the production C5
(+reserve) here rather than in Cambridge, in the second week of July. Our production base will be in West Drayton (Heathrow) so will most likely be out that way (or beyond). Hopefully still doable by you / C5alive?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #9 on: 12, June, 2009 - 08:56:03 »
I'm still up for this Karl, keep me posted on a date and details.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 30, June, 2009 - 14:54:20 »
Latest update ;

Hi Karl,
Sorry not to have been in touch sooner.
We have (at last!) fixed the date and location of the scene involving Clive Sinclair (actor) driving a C5; Thursday 9th July, in Hertfordshire.(note: I have deleted full location for now).
Would it still be possible for you or a member to provide an original condition C5?
Kind regards,
Tim.

Tim Stevenson
Art Director "Syntax Era"

Umpa has confirmed he can attend, just waiting to see if Andy can make it. If not, any volunteers to provide the second C5 ?
For info, travelling expenses can be claimed back off the film company.

« Last Edit: 30, June, 2009 - 15:01:03 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #11 on: 01, July, 2009 - 09:08:38 »
Sorry Karl, i was really up for this, but i can't have that day off work due to other staff already has it booked, i'm quite pi**ed about, but i'm sure one day i'll get another chance. I hope you can get someone to take my place at short notice, sorry again to mess up your plans, but i did'nt want to.

Retro Andy.   

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 01, July, 2009 - 14:53:08 »
Andy, dont worry mate - sometimes things just don't work out how you'd like them too .

I'll see if Ray is still avialable, if not I'm sure I can work something else out  :)

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 01, July, 2009 - 15:25:41 »
I've just finished speaking to Ray on the phone and he is happy to jump in and help  :)

So Ian and Ray will be flying the flag for C5alive and helping out with the filming  8) 

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #14 on: 01, July, 2009 - 15:54:10 »
I'm glad Ray can take part, but he will have to say his name is retro andy and have a shave  :D  Anyway have a great day and i will have to wait till Brooklands still to meet Umpa.

Retro Andy.