News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Wanted - splined output gear from the motors gearbox (belt drives from it),leas  (Read 3935 times)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
Hi
I get a lot of belt slip and the C5 is now not usable, i took a closer look to make sure it didnt just need belt adjustment, but i can see the teeth are blatantly worn, so i'm after a new or good used item (gearbox is ok)please. I'll also fit a new belt at the same time.

I cant remember if theres two different types/lengths, but i can check if someone advises there is!

Posted to me please!   Price please.   Thankyou

Karl

The belts are available in two different widths 15mm or 18mm . Sometimes using an 18mm can get you a little more useage out of a worn drive cog, but as you say once its worn replacement is the only realistic answer.

The c5alive shop is down for a Refurb at the moment, but I do still have drivebelts on the shelf. Email me if you want one and we'll sort something out
(karl@c5alive.co.uk)   

Just checking, the gearbox hasn't "dropped off the wall" has it ?
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1181.0
« Last Edit: 18, January, 2012 - 21:25:10 by BooBoo »

Offline POZE

thanks Karl, I'll get the belt from you for sure once I get the replacement part. It is still resting on the wall and adjusted, the teeth are defeintly gone.

Had a few problems with this "really amazing/great condition " c5, the tunnels warped near the crank, looks like it was left in a hot place for ages, had to space it back out with a plastic bottle on the inside to stop it rubbing on the crank/chain area. And someones rubbed it down a lot to clean it i think as bits are now smooth and not the originally knobly effect!

But otherwise it is clean and smooth to drive!

;D Anyone  got the parts??  Thankyou

Offline POZE

Hello
Stilll have the part if anyone has one!

short drive belt type.

Thankyou