News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Got the Sinclair c5 Home  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Richard SMART

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Got the Sinclair c5 Home
« on: 16, March, 2014 - 00:36:12 »
Hi All got the C5 home now in Paignton ,have taken some picture of it ,before the clean as you can see the tyres are past best! Still got the original battery fitted to it! I think it past it now! The front wheel bearing sound awful ! Can you still get bearings or just grease them!
Is there any one in the Paignton who has got a C5 who can help! :)

Offline Edward Green

• Administrator
Re: Got the Sinclair c5 Home
« Reply #1 on: 16, March, 2014 - 11:21:08 »
Hi Richard you can clean and grease them back up, depending on condition. You can buy them in the c5alive shop or your local bike shop should have the same size in stock. Thanks Eddie.

Offline Malleded

« Reply #2 on: 27, May, 2014 - 11:03:09 »
Hi Richard,
I hope all is well, this Dawit the guy who had a quick go in the C5 on Sunday (25/05).
As I mentioned on that day that we are building an electric quadricycle at Shado Ltd in Paignton and my boss Steve Harper is very reluctant to have a look at the C5 as a benchmark understanding to electric cycling. Silly of me not to get your number on that day but I hope this message gets to as soon as. It'd be great for you pop to down to our workshop with the lovely machine and give us your feedback to the Bay-Cycle.

Kind regards

Dawit (Lead Designer)

dawit.mallede@gmail.com 

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 27, May, 2014 - 11:19:27 »
Cannot see what benchmark the C5 would give to a modern  quadricycle design except how not to do it. The C5 had such fundamental design shortcomings that it is a distinct possibility that warranty claims would have ruined the company had it not gone bust first.

Offline frankev

• One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
« Reply #4 on: 22, June, 2014 - 14:32:36 »
Cannot see what benchmark the C5 would give to a modern  quadricycle design except how not to do it. The C5 had such fundamental design shortcomings that it is a distinct possibility that warranty claims would have ruined the company had it not gone bust first.

Hear, hear.   ;D  ;D

Frank