News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Hello from Wickford  (Read 2007 times)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Hello from Wickford
« on: 27, October, 2009 - 10:22:25 »
Hi everyone,

I'm Alan,

i got invited by Kirk to the Brighton Run 25/09/2009 and was kindly lent 'DAVE' for the day.

i wanted to offer my thanks for the loan of 'DAVE' and the warm welcome i received from everyone, a truly  great bunch of really friendly people, added up to a day of hilarious enjoyment (especially Mc Donalds drive through - OMG!) i will never forget.

on second thoughts it might have been a mistake for me to tell people i'd been to Brighton Beech for the day, and I sat on dave, and we were then waved at by complete strangers and we also waved at small children while doing so    ::)

i've got my feelers out for my own machine, but this is more likely to happen in the new year - unless one comes up i can't resist (or someone make me an offer i can't refuse  ;) ). might take on a bike with electrical issues as i fancy improving with more modern kit available for the chinese bikes and quads.

background.
i'm daft as a hatter, been married for 38 years (to the same long suffering woman), 3 grown boys, 5 grandkids. i have run my own small 'one man band' security system business since 1984, blimey - a year longer than the C5's been around - (but no new batteries or parts made for me :( lol!) expanding from installing security systems into IT LAN's and telephone systems.

I worked for many years as a service engineer for security companies before goingit alone, those skills help in fault tracing in general in other fields, i don't have any certificates but have gained some degree of useful electronics knowledge during that time, to the point i design and make bespoke equipment onto PCB's for clients.

the above is not an advert 'spamming' for business, i just i might be of use with the C5's or other electric vehicles.

regard
Alan
(techytype)

Karl

Re: Hello from Wickford
« Reply #1 on: 27, October, 2009 - 11:19:29 »
Hi Alan - thanks for roadtesting "Dave", after its major surgery it needed a proper run. As expected there were a few niggly faults cropped up but these will be fixed before its next outing. At least you got a taste of what c5 ownership is about - fun  ;D(and a little occasional frustration  :P)

The good news is none of us ventured onto the nudist beach - I'm not sure Brighton ,or the world, is quite ready for naked c5'ing  :o ;D :D

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #2 on: 27, October, 2009 - 17:38:05 »

Good to see you on the forum and I sang your praises to Karl re road testing 'Dave'.

"Give it to Alan as if he can't break it no one can"  ;D

Karl, please do not put ideas in his head re the nudist beach !

Joking aside Sunday was a great run and it was good to see everyone there and some new faces.

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #3 on: 27, October, 2009 - 20:41:12 »
i had a superb day, but i think 'DAVE' might need a bit or r&r after dragging me about, think it's 'wobbly' was a protest maybe?

C5's are definitely 'cool' enough to be on Top Gears Cool Wall, easily in the fly catching class of vehicles (i.e. riders mouth wide open - flies stuck to teethe), just as is my beloved 'Yarley'  a Yamaha Dragstar 1100cc XVSa  custom cruiser (very loud), that looks like a Harley so much so i get nods from HOG's lol!.

will be looking for my own machine in the new year, but hoping to be posting some useful comment meanwhile.

thanks again everyone

regs
alan

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 30, October, 2009 - 16:24:15 »
As the guy's say Hi and welcome - hope to see you at one of the 'top' events