News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: An introduction to...me (& c5alive) !  (Read 6761 times)

Karl

An introduction to...me (& c5alive) !
« on: 30, January, 2009 - 20:21:39 »
Although a few of the older members of the forum know all about me, it has occurred to me that some of the newer forum members might not.

So I thought a very brief introduction might be in order.

The first C5 I purchased was the one now known as "moneypit", bought via Ebay totally "blind" (not recommended!!) in November 2006, and I had to travel from Crawley to Gloucester to collect it. It was then delivered to Adam Harper for a full overhaul - hence it's nickname "moneypit" !!  Adam did an excellent job though and its been well used ever since - even taking part in the 2007 London-Brighton run, and all of the c5alive meetings.  It is also the one featured in the Practical Classics magazine thread. I own three other C5's - the furry one (made up from spare parts & covered in fur), Voodoo (made up of spare parts & 24v), and Virgin (unused & box fresh). Although I'm no expert on the electronics etc, tinkering with my collection of C5's & working alongside Martin has since provided me with a fair bit of knowledge - and I now have the confidence to dismantle a C5 before handing over all the bits to Martin & asking him to fix it  ;D

I took over c5alive in April 2008 when the previous owner wanted to hand over the reins due to ill health. The problems encountered have all been well documented, but with the help and support of my wife (noonoo) and daughter (elmo), together with c5martin, we've managed to put "c5alive" back on its feet and once again enjoying an excellent reputation.

It is my intention to continue with C5alive for as long as I can, it is well supported and in good health. The meetings and events programme is excellent and continues to grow , as does the forum itself.

This provides a good platform from which to continue with C5alive's stated aim: To keep the C5 alive 
« Last Edit: 10, February, 2009 - 14:19:17 by Karl (C5Alive) »