News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Pod modifications & gearbox  (Read 6765 times)

waran2005

Pod modifications & gearbox
« on: 23, April, 2009 - 15:55:48 »
Hello
     I know I posted this question on the support section but I think I may have posted it on the wrong one.
     Could you please clarify for me where the catch diodes are supposed to be fitted within the instrument pod. I do a bit with electronics and have suitable equipment etc. i want to improve the reliability of the pod.
     Can you tell me if LM grease is the same as LMB as that is all I can find listed. Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Pod modifications & gearbox
« Reply #1 on: 03, July, 2009 - 16:36:13 »
looks like no one knows the answer to this one dude !
If you ever find out please share the info :)

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 18, June, 2011 - 20:47:11 »
Well the Grease is easy enough, LM refers to Lithium Matrix that the grease base soap is based on. Back in the 80's you could buy it at your local motor factors, as Castrol LMB , ( Lithium Matrix Base), now it's just Castrol LM. Don't mix it with any other type of grease, some base soaps can react badly and turn solid.

Basically if you are overhauling an old C5 gearbox then clean all the old grease off the gears and bearings and use the Castrol LM grease you can get from Halfords or any local motor factor, it's compatible with any residual LMB.

aladds

« Reply #3 on: 18, June, 2011 - 21:15:39 »
The best thing to do wrt the pod is to replace the ULA with one of Phil's replacement modules (if he's got any available, or he's put all the info online for you to make your own).

Then you don't need to mess about with fixing the analogue end of things, as much of it becomes redundant.