C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1980 times)

shaggy91

Hi all
« on: 30, June, 2011 - 13:42:13 »
Hi,
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Always wanted a c5 when I saw them revealed in 1985 but at the time I was too young and too skint.  Then they faded away after 1985 and I forgot about them but being a collector of 8 and 16 bit computers from th 80s and 90s I was discussing with a workmate about said computers and the c5 came up.

So I realised that now I could afford one but could I find one.  One quick search if the net led me to c5alive and a chap in Bournemouth who was selling one.

After a quick bit of correspondence I ended up buying it fully working.  24 hours later it was not.  I'd. Connected the battery the wrong way and blown the control box and pod.

After many visits here to find out as much as I could and some soldering later the beast was on the road again but with all lights showing on the pod.

A quick bit of correspondence with marty, and a quick visit as he lives close, he fixed the fault with the pod and now here I am.

Got new tires coming through as it is still on Sinclair tyres, the Sinclair battery charger works - the unit just needs a stripdown, clean and rebuild.

So there is my story.....sorry if its long.

Cheers

Shaggy91

ScubaChris

Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: 30, June, 2011 - 13:47:27 »
Welcome to the forum mate...
It sounds like you've already discovered how much help it can be to speak to some of the guys on here!  ;D

C.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 30, June, 2011 - 13:49:36 »
Hi and welcome  - great to meet you the other day and hope you are able to get along to one of the runs  :)

Radiomarty

shaggy91

« Reply #3 on: 30, June, 2011 - 14:07:41 »
Hi, I'm looking forward to coming along on a run. Cannot make the Netherlands run or the hindhead tunnel one due to work commitments.

Instead I'm on a little beer run to the club for a quick couple before heading home.

I must say that the information and people who keep the c5 and this board alive are fantastic.

If anyone is thinking of sending their c5 in for service, don't worry. After meeting radiomarty and seeing his work, your c5 will come back a better for it.

Cheers

Shaggy

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 30, June, 2011 - 16:07:45 »
Nice to see you got over the hurdles of registering  ;D

Look forward to meeting you at one of the meetings or events  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 01, July, 2011 - 06:30:43 »
Hi and welcome to forum, sounds like you are not too far away, I live in Kings Lynn and know a shaggy, is it you ?
Glad too here everything is now going ok, they really are great little things with loads of fun to enjoy.

RetrO Andy.