News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: 10-11 July 2010 : Ardingly Vintage & Classic Vehicle Show  (Read 7417 times)

Karl

10-11 July 2010 : Ardingly Vintage & Classic Vehicle Show
« on: 08, March, 2010 - 08:40:13 »
We've been invited back to this excellent weekend event.

Last years show was superb, even if it was a bit wet and windy on the Saturday ! The beer tent made up for it  8). This is what we got up to last year;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=463.0

I've already sent off my application and have a few spare forms for anyone else who wants to come along. The event itself always produces a fantastic display and is well worth a visit being one of the largest such events in the country. We always attract a large crowd and get to drive our C5's around the display arena on both days. As an exhibitor you gain free entry and camping.

Let me know if you want to join in, highly recommended especially for the beer tent on Saturday night  ;D

Karl

Re: 10-11 July 2010 : Ardingly Vintage & Classic Vehicle Show
« Reply #1 on: 25, March, 2010 - 20:40:37 »
Steve and Scott have collected their forms to get free entry and camping for this event  :).

As we're going to be camping overnight we plan to re-visit the CAMRA beer tent  8)

I've a couple of forms left over, but not many, so if anyone else wants to come along you'd better get yer skates on. 

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 19, June, 2010 - 10:55:24 »
The passes and wrist bands have now arrived  8)

Anyone else wanting to come along will be most welcome, but you'll now need to pay at the gate.

Fingers crossed for some nice bright weather, otherwise we'll have to retreat to the beer tent (again..)

It's all good  ;D

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 22, June, 2010 - 12:00:33 »
Steve and Scott have also got their passes so it looks like we're on for a good weekend  8)

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 10, July, 2010 - 06:12:30 »
weather forecast says "scorchio" for today , but it looks a bit overcast outside  ::)

Anyways, Scott phoned last night from Ardingly. He was in the beer tent with Spike (chassis builder for "challenger") so looking forward to meeting up with a few friends at the show today.

Should be a good weekend , I'll post some piccies etc when I get back tomorrow 8)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 12, July, 2010 - 10:03:40 »
What a superb weekend !

Sunshine emerged from the misty start (both mornings!) bringing in the larger crowds. Our display was very well received and a few c5's joined the microcar parade in the main arena.

We enjoyed an excellent BBQ - I never realised Scott previously worked as a chef so you can imagine how well we feasted   ;D Definately the BBQ king  8)

I got to try out Spikes homebuild car which was an honour and a privilege, it drove really nicely although I admit to struggling wit the Citroen 2cv gearbox  :P

Overall a very successful show, the cherry on top was me being sold some genuine old stock Sinclair spares that had been rescued from a scrap dealers.
Apparently some other parts had already been destroyed. We also heard about two c5's being crushed as no-one wanted them.

If we keep flying the flag for c5's then hopefully people who have this stuff will get to hear there are c5 owners out there who would rather have it that see it destroyed  ;)

Some pictures from the event;

« Last Edit: 12, July, 2010 - 10:15:34 by BooBoo »

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 12, July, 2010 - 10:09:14 »
Same as last year, we ventured off to the beer tent on the Saturday night and enjoyed a few samples of real ale while listening to the live band. The American trucks came out to show their light displays as well.

The spares I picked up (saved from the scrappys !);

And lastly, a piccie emailed to me by a gent who visited us at the show;

« Last Edit: 12, July, 2010 - 10:17:03 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #7 on: 12, July, 2010 - 10:49:20 »
Looks like another good one at Ardingly great photo's - alway's amaze's me the conversation you have with people at the 'statics' about stuff stored away somewhere. Would that be yet more of the rear wheel cage bearings turning up ?
« Last Edit: 12, July, 2010 - 11:03:41 by radiomarty »

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 13, July, 2010 - 10:24:19 »
. Would that be yet more of the rear wheel cage bearings turning up ?

It is indeed  ;D

The haul includes the small screws for attaching the rear light, the clips that accompany them, the chassis mounting screws and associated clips and the rear wheel bearings.

Bit like waiting ages for a bus to turn up, then several arrive at once. To think, we went for years scrimping and scraping with old parts then Chas comes along with a lovely bundle of stuff.....and now a lovely lady at Ardingly wanders across and offers us some more bits and pieces  8)

Should be enough to keep the c5's running for our grand children  ;D

On a different note, you'll be amused to hear we were asked to put our c5's away at Ardingly on Saturday night - for speeding around the site .......that has to be a first !

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #9 on: 13, July, 2010 - 14:01:27 »
Hi there Karl well done , any chance of buying a few of the parts from you ..bye Chas

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 13, July, 2010 - 22:37:48 »
Hi there Karl well done , any chance of buying a few of the parts from you ..bye Chas

Drop me an email and let me know what you need mate , might even be able to do a few swaps ?

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #11 on: 14, July, 2010 - 15:42:03 »
Looks like you all had a great time in the sun  :)

If you were told off for speeding saturday night, does that mean you were all drunk in charge of a C5  :D :D