News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Greetings from the Wirral...  (Read 2456 times)

ScubaChris

Greetings from the Wirral...
« on: 06, March, 2011 - 19:26:49 »
Well, another newbie hits the board and I'd like to say hello to you all and warn you that the bombardment of questions will soon begin  ;).

I live on the Wirral (Merseyside) and I'm currently on the lookout for a C5 as a restoration project.

I was that 12 year old lad, dragging my dad down to the local branch of Rumbelows in 1985 to see the shiny new C5 in the window. How disappointed I was to learn that I was too young to drive it on the roads! The rest of the C5 story is well documented history but it was always there in the back of my mind, a piece of my childhood that never went away. Now I finally have a little time and money on my hands I was looking for a project to get stuck into. Then I saw that recent BBC drama 'Micro Men' (anyone see it?) about the rivalry between Clive Sinclair and Chris Curry. Watching the story of his struggle to get the electric car off the ground I knew I'd found my project!

Next port of call: The wanted section of the forum  ;D...

Karl

Re: Greetings from the Wirral...
« Reply #1 on: 06, March, 2011 - 20:25:46 »
Welcome to the forum mate  ;D

Keep an eye on the for sale section as well, there could be a couple up for grabs in the near future  ;)

Jonny

« Reply #2 on: 06, March, 2011 - 20:58:59 »
hi  :)

i'd recommend keeping an eye out on ebay aswell as they come up quite often

alexbromo

« Reply #3 on: 07, March, 2011 - 13:33:22 »
Well, another newbie hits the board and I'd like to say hello to you all and warn you that the bombardment of questions will soon begin  ;).

I live on the Wirral (Merseyside) and I'm currently on the lookout for a C5 as a restoration project.

I was that 12 year old lad, dragging my dad down to the local branch of Rumbelows in 1985 to see the shiny new C5 in the window. How disappointed I was to learn that I was too young to drive it on the roads! The rest of the C5 story is well documented history but it was always there in the back of my mind, a piece of my childhood that never went away. Now I finally have a little time and money on my hands I was looking for a project to get stuck into. Then I saw that recent BBC drama 'Micro Men' (anyone see it?) about the rivalry between Clive Sinclair and Chris Curry. Watching the story of his struggle to get the electric car off the ground I knew I'd found my project!

Next port of call: The wanted section of the forum  ;D...

Hi !

In 1985 i was 22, but the C5 was not imported in Italy ...  :D

On Ebay you can find frequently C5, for example now there is this one very interesting:
 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sinclair-C5-easy-project-/270715729286?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item3f07ea3586

(with the rare full size seat cushion) ...  :)

Alex Bromo

ScubaChris

« Reply #4 on: 07, March, 2011 - 15:05:52 »
Thanks guys  :D,

That's exactly what I'm doing... I currently have one eye on the wanted section, another on the for sale section and another on ebay  ;).

@Alex- Funny you should mention that, it's one of the auctions I'm watching. It's quite a long way from where I live but if the price is right I might put in a bid.

C.

Jonny

« Reply #5 on: 07, March, 2011 - 15:48:22 »
i'd recommend checking out the buyers guide aswell:

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=429.0