News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: C5 maintainance routine ?????  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Ant

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
C5 maintainance routine ?????
« on: 06, May, 2012 - 18:28:49 »
Hi guys,

i was just wondering if there's a recommended C5 maintenance routine to keep things running as smoothly as possible,
went for a nice little ride out earlier and noticed some pedal squeak when i got home, this was a basic drop of oil job, but got me thinking how i should best keep my C5.

Thanks

Ant       

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: C5 maintainance routine ?????
« Reply #1 on: 06, May, 2012 - 19:33:47 »
Was yours freshly restored when you bought it? If so, it should have all been stripped down & re-greased. If you use yours often/daily I think you should aim to strip it down & re-grease it every year.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 06, May, 2012 - 21:28:40 »
Hopefully this link to the owners manual will work - maintainance as sinclair imagined it :

http://www.sinclairc5.com/handbook/handbook_page_21.htm

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 07, May, 2012 - 13:31:10 »
Ant - although yours isn't freshley restored most of the basic jobs were done to get it ready for the Crawley run but quite rightly you should look at preventitve maintenance. Oiling the chain and greasing the rear wheel bearings every so often would be good.

Make a habit of checking the four chassis screws (two front, two back) visible each side within the bodytub. Checking wheelnuts is always advisable but an often overlooked item is the front caliper brake. There are two nuts at the top centre front of the brake, these tend to work loose and should be checked regularly. You will need two 10mm spanners for this, one to hold the rear nut steady and the 2nd to tighten the front nut. Worth doing as it prevents the front brake from going all floppy....

Offline Ant

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #4 on: 07, May, 2012 - 17:47:46 »
Thanks for the replys everybody, really helpfull stuff.

Ant