C5Alive General Category > C5 Chatroom

The pros and cons of the C5 in everyday use

<< < (2/3) > >>

C-Star:
Okay, so I have learned the following so far

* Don't take any hills on unless feeling energetic
Is this something that can be rectified by upgrading the motor? Just how hard is it to pedal a C5 (both on flat ground and motor assisted uphill)

* The rain and snow are not my friend
I guess wearing a raincoat could work as long as the C5 doesn't mind getting rained on itself? I think I would mostly be using it in dry weather.

* Avoid narrow winding country roads if I don't want to end up as someone's hood ornament
I would have liked to think people were more careful, but I guess to be safe I should stick to main roads and town roads only

* Get a second battery or an upgrade
I have heard this is possible so I guess something to save up for once I have myself a nice C5 :)

dantheref:
i ride a bike and the c5 here in Oxford. I feel safer in the c5, people slow down when they see it to take a look, whereas everyone is more complacent with bikes as there are so many. As others have said down country lanes with poor viabilit it will probably be a different matter.

for me Cons are:
Battery life (although car battery conversions have improved this)
open to elements if it rains.
Takes a while to get used to the riding position and to stop getting back and thumb ache!

Pros:
Cheap
Enjoyable
Gets lots of attention and positive comments.

C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER:
Hi there welcome ...You could take a look at my Videos on youtube ......JORDAN8ISH

BYE Chas

C-Star:

--- Quote from: dantheref on  22, May, 2014  - 18:56:14 ---i ride a bike and the c5 here in Oxford. I feel safer in the c5, people slow down when they see it to take a look, whereas everyone is more complacent with bikes as there are so many. As others have said down country lanes with poor viabilit it will probably be a different matter.

for me Cons are:
Battery life (although car battery conversions have improved this)
open to elements if it rains.
Takes a while to get used to the riding position and to stop getting back and thumb ache!

Pros:
Cheap
Enjoyable
Gets lots of attention and positive comments.

--- End quote ---

I'm surprised I haven't spotted you around. It's good to hear some positive talk about the C5 and safety I was starting to think they were cursed ;)

Ariablutron98:
People stair alot when I'm driving my c5 and they even toot on there horns. Its great. Only problem for me is the police thinking im an underage driver!
Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version