C5Alive General Category > C5 Chatroom

New C5 owner - Lots of questions

(1/6) > >>

aceofhearts:
Hi everyone,

Very excited new C5 owner here from Bedfordshire. I have recently bought a cheap project C5 and am wondering which direction to take it in.   There are a lot of parts missing (all of the electrics apart from 2 x Pods and a motor) and the motor seems to have been modified onto a different bracket on the rear of the chassis. The rear brake seems to work and it has come with a lot of good (rare) spares, but the lack of wiring and modifications worry me.

I am not sure whether it is best to continue with this one, which will need a new motor, modifications undoing, an entire wiring loom and control box (not sure where to get these from or how much they cost) or to break this one for spares which I am sure will make me a bit of money to put towards a better one.

Main thing though is to give it a good clean up, some new inner tubes which will make it ready to peddle :)

dadandjames:
Welcome to the crazy world of being a C5 owner.
I am also from (central) bedfordshire. I dont know as much as others on this site, but I will help where I can.
Martin :)

aceofhearts:
Thanks Martin,

Where are you in Bedfordshire? I am in Biggleswade, would be good to have a look round some other C5's and find out what i am missing :)

I will give it a good clean up and get some photos on here this weekend

dadandjames:
Ah :D biggleswade used to live there. Now in flitwick, but over you way quite abit for work. Will have to work something out.
Looking forward to seeing your photos.

aceofhearts:
Let me know when you are going to be in the area and you will have to pop in :)

In other C5 news I got some inner tubes from Halfords, fitted them, and went for my first ride (cycle).

Really good fun, but the C5 still looks a heap as I haven't really cleaned it yet (a quick go over with a bucket and sponge). My neighbour looked at me as if i was a nutter.

I had a look online last night and due to the rarity of the Sinclair wiring and electronics, i think i might fit a front hub mounted motor and controller or something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171269213635?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anybody know what sort of speed and range I can expect with a 24V 250w hub motor?

Here is a picture from today and from when I first got it home:

Spare set of wheels with perfect Sinclair tyres. Still soft and no cracking!

Brand new original rear wheel centres still in the packet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version