News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011  (Read 39370 times)

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Did I already mention that Zutphen is very aged old "Hanze" city, witch is beautifully restored and famous for his old towers? Almost a museum where people live in. Lots of bars, coffeeshops  ;) and restaurants. Nice for the wife as well, a big city center with lots of boutique's.

greetz

Frank

Karl

I know it is still early days , but to help Frank with the logistics side of things it would be nice to know if anyone else is thinking of coming along.

ElectricDave has added his name to the list, so the numbers are growing slowly   :)

Anyone else want to add their name to the list ?

Offline quasimodo

A C5-meeting in the Netherlands. I will be there of course !

I think until so far the list is:
Frank (plus 4 )
Karl
Angie
Jordan (plus 1 ?)
Steve
ElectricDave
Alwin (Quasimodo)

Anyone else ?

Karl

Good man Alwin, be great to see you there. I'm hoping a few more forum members will be confirming & adding their names soon. I will be going over to visit Frank and view the venue in the next few weeks, also to help work out costs etc. as the ferry and fuel costs will obviously be a factor in how many people choose to come along. Once we have some figures to play with it should help increase the numbers.

Offline BrooklandsC5

• Battery level: 2
Hi Karl

Max and myself should be able to make it. Still trying to persuade Tracy to come along also although she's not really a C Fiver. Perhaps the Coffee Shops & Boutiques might sway it!

Max & Tony

Karl

Thats excellent news  ;D

The updated list as of 14th January is;

Frank (plus 4 )
Karl
Angie
Jordan (plus 1 ?)
Steve
ElectricDave
Alwin (Quasimodo)
Max
Tony

Anybody else wanting to join in is still more than welcome to add their name  :)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
 Frank (plus 4 )
Karl
Angie
Jordan (plus 1 ?)
Steve
ElectricDave
Alwin (Quasimodo)
Max
Tony
Mike DX + 1 (or 2)

Karl

Good to see you on the list Mike, should be a good run  8)

Offline frankev

Max and myself should be able to make it. Still trying to persuade Tracy to come along also although she's not really a C Fiver. Perhaps the Coffee Shops & Boutiques might sway it!

Max & Tony

Hi Max and Tony, the famous coffee shop the "Pelikaan" is centuries old and serves a price winning cup of coffee, they burn and prepare it themselves (twice dutch champion in last ten years) and they serve many different kinds of tea as well but to prevent disappointments, the other three coffee-shops I mentioned earlier are the other kind.
The kind where you can sit down and smoke, although to be honest, they do serve great espresso there as well.  ;)

Frank

Offline frankev

I like to give you all an extra reason to come to the Holland meeting in July and therefore I have to give you all a little history lesson.(from hear say)
Sinclair introduced the C5 in the Netherlands in 1985. The RDW, the organization in Holland that tests and gives or denies new vehicles the road-legal status, didn't know what to do with the Sinclair,  ??? ???(no E-Bikes in those days) so all of the original imported C5's where treated by the customs as bikes. They just cut al the engine wires  :'( and allowed it on the road as Bikes. After the Sinclair factory stopped producing them, as well as the Sinclair ZX, a dutch business man bought the hole stock of Sinclair. :o
After deliverance of all the stuff he expected to have his warehouse full of computers.
There where 400 boxes as well that, after opening, to his suprice, had Sinclairs C5's in them, instead of computers. He was supplying computer-stores so he sold some but gave the major lot of them away to computer-stores as Eye-catchers. So in Holland you can find a lot off C5's that never have been driven, stored away, not very interesting items for the people here. As a bike it was a lot of heavy pedaling. So nobody was very interested.
Now the law has changed and since a few years there is an official E-Bike legislation.
The C5 is road legal now. I am going to try to go on television to invite all those people that still have, never used Sinclairs in store houses or on attics, to sell them on our meeting or put them in the auction. Don't know or I can make it happen but sure I'm going to try. So if I can pull this off, I expect a lot off, unused parts and completely new C5's during our meeting. I did collect quite some parts already but still looking for a lot more.  ;)
So for all of you that are looking for those missing, hard to find parts, or are interested in obtaining a original C5 this event might be very interesting as well.
Uptil now, nice looking, hardly or never used Sinclairs are going for between 150 euro and 600 euro. Depending on extra's etc.  (125 GBP and 500 GBP) Times are changing and it is getting more popular by the day.
So it is now or never.

Hope to see a lot of you all in July.

greetz

Frank

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Depending on cost cause we are skint !!! - we are hoping to get to this !!!!

Offline frankev

Radio Marty,

Up till now I only have a response from a quite luxurious resort. Euro 42,50 per night per person. On base of half pension. Incl. shower, toilet, television and free internet etc.on room (about GBP38,50) Including use of Swimming-pool, Sauna, and reduced price for the use of tennis and bowling facilities.
Since I have the Invitations and posters for the meeting ready now I have appointments this week with two other hotels for special prices for us as a group.
There is a strange situation going on, I need to know how much persons are joining to get special rates, and people are waiting for prices before they know or they want, or can join us.(What was first, the chicken or the egg situation)
So I am working on cheaper rates than the offer that I have right now, Which is a decently reduced price already.
So, if I have success it is going to be cheaper than this. I'll do my best. 8)
(hey radiomarty, can't find your mail anywhere,not even in my spam box  ???)
sure you use the right E-mail address? see profile page.

greetz

Frank 8)

Karl

Any idea how much camping might cost ? That could be a cheaper answer and still a lot of fun - we had a good laugh at the MGFest and Ardingly events where we camped overnight.

Offline frankev

Still waiting for this camping guy. But he will be back soon.

Wonder if we can get electricity points enough to charge up the C5's during the night, at a camping, but I will look it up. The location is nice.

keep you posted.

Frank

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Sorry all,

Was hoping to come but just remembered it is the same weekend as the British F1 grand prix. Can't be in two places at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!