News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: C5 For Sale - Lancashire  (Read 3636 times)

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
C5 For Sale - Lancashire
« on: 10, July, 2013 - 11:35:03 »
I'm reluctantly selling my C5 as health problems mean that I simply cannot pedal it uphill and I live in a very hilly area.
I paid £450 for it and £60 for a new 75Ah Leisure Battery (Numax). It's had new brake cables front and rear, an original horn fitted and has a reproduction Hi-Vis mast plus a spare rear brake assembly and has a C5Alive wiring kit and locking boot.

It's a good runner, but the pod lights for load/temp don't do much (battery lights work) - everything else works.

I'm open to offers but it will be going on Ebay on Sunday at around £300. Collection would be from Burnley, Lancashire - unfortunately I can't fit it in my car to deliver, but Night Freight could probably give a decent quote for collection and delivery.

Will post some photos once my phone decides to work.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: C5 For Sale - Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: 10, July, 2013 - 17:06:27 »
Hi there I see that you are selling your C5 ...I have had a gesrbox metal insert with 12 teeth instead of the normal 21 Take a look ..But not tested it on a C5 yet ..But will let you know how it goes ....

« Last Edit: 10, July, 2013 - 17:16:26 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »

Offline mhurt

« Reply #2 on: 10, July, 2013 - 17:47:08 »
Hi Chas - if it works, then I wont sell. I'll hold off for the moment :) - I was only selling as I've only been able to use it once since October.

• Millennium Member
« Reply #3 on: 11, July, 2013 - 08:58:11 »
Hi there I can have them made with any teeth you want (within reason)...but if you want one you would have to let me know how many teeth you would need ... then you have to by a belt to fit
Bye Chas

• Millennium Member
« Reply #4 on: 17, July, 2013 - 08:45:19 »
Hi there Mhurt sorry for the delay with the 12tooth insert drive but having problems getting the belt ..But I will get one asap and get back to you ...
Bye Chas

• Millennium Member
« Reply #5 on: 27, July, 2013 - 21:47:24 »
Hi there I have been having  problems finding a belt to fit ,They are out there on the web but when you check them out they are out of stock ..So what I have done is to use a larger drive cog (72 teeth instead of 68 ) and it works with a standard size belt..
Regarding the speed if I use the original drive cog and a twenty one tooth gearbox the drive speed on the wheels is 320 rpm .But with the larger drive cog and the 12 tooth gearbox insert The speed is 180 rpm .So it looks like the C5 will go at about 6 to 7 mph But until I fit it to a working C5 I will not be sure But I will find out and get back to you ....Bye Chas

Offline mhurt

« Reply #6 on: 27, July, 2013 - 23:32:21 »
I look forward to hearing results. Speed doesn't matter if I can get uphill - after all, my owed wheelchair that I sometime have to use only does 3mph :)
On the flat and downhill I'm able to pedal.

• Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 16, August, 2013 - 20:12:19 »
Hi there Mhurt if you check out my latest restoration for Mark you will see the motor that I have fitted has a new  cog with 12 teeth insted of 21 and the large drive cog to 72 teeth instead of 68 ...Making the speed now of aprox 6 mph but It will need to be tested .I will let you know how I get on ..bye Chas