News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Hi from a Newbie!  (Read 2196 times)

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Hi from a Newbie!
« on: 15, September, 2010 - 18:50:04 »
Hi all,

My name is Kamil, I'm 12. In October 2008 I bought a 1988 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign 3.6 for a bargain price of £170 and named it Oliver. Oliver is also in June 2010 issue of Practical Classics.
I'm a regular poster on practicalclassics.co.uk, pistonheads.com and xj40.com. I have started my own website about my Jag and a longer story about it can be read on projectxj40.weebly.com.

Since I've still got another 5 yrs to go till I can drive the Jag. I decided I wanted a 2nd project. I've made an offer on a Triumph Spitfire that was parked up locally but the guy said he isn't selling it at the moment.

So with Sinclair C5 project prices being low and being able to drive it without a licence at the age of 14 (correct me if I'm wrong), I decided that a C5 would be a good buy. I have posted in the WANTED section and I'm hoping that soon I will become a proud owner of a Sinclair C5.

Karl

Re: Hi from a Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: 15, September, 2010 - 22:06:45 »
Welcome to the forum mate, I'm sure a few of the other younger members will be along to say hello later.

Sounds like you've got your hands full with a Jag & a Spitfire plus a c5 on the wishlist.

Let us know how you get on  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 16, September, 2010 - 06:04:58 »
Hello Kamil, welcome to the C5 Alive forum, yes a Sinclair C5 is legal to ride at the age of 14, no licence, tax or insurance is needed, and you will get a lot of fun from owning one, Good luck

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 16, September, 2010 - 09:01:11 »
Hi welcome to the forum - my son is a similar age and currently owns Goldfinger (http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=678.0)
 - sure he will be along soon to say hi.