News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 32766 times)

C5ALIVE

Make yourself known
« on: 23, April, 2008 - 18:15:08 »
:D
« Last Edit: 23, May, 2008 - 13:38:26 by c5martin »

blabblub

Re: Make yourself all known - AGAIN AARRGGHHH !
« Reply #1 on: 23, April, 2008 - 19:51:54 »
I am Kev I live near Newcastle upon Tyne (The Toon)

I have the privilege of being self employed or self unemployed as the case may be.

I am getting older by the minute.

I have an avid interest in brakes.

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 23, April, 2008 - 20:01:09 »
I'm Matt I'm 24 and i live in Selby near York.
I own a running c5 called Agro and half own another called Freak which is a non runner/mad project.
I'm currently recovering from major surgery but when i do work I'm a paint sprayer/receptionist.
I live with my partner of 7 years Toni and we are expecting our first child in June.
I like Kev have a keen interest in brakes but of the disc variety!

12vboywilson

« Reply #3 on: 23, April, 2008 - 20:32:01 »
I'm Alex, 17 on may 11th, And Currently on the hunt for a C5

I'm in a mechanics course in college, I LOVE engine work and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'll do anything once, Cause lets face it, You only live once

I hope to be a simple Mobile Mechanic some day, Going from job to job in a Merc Benz Sprinter, LWB, Or maybe an LDV Convoy ^.^

I'm generally a happy person with the odd low, But hey, Life gets you down some times. Glad I joined this site =) Looks to be very promising

Mole

« Reply #4 on: 24, April, 2008 - 07:17:32 »

Hi Im Richard, 23, which means The C5 and I am the same age.

I own one C5 (Sparx) which currently Im in the process of restoring.

I work for a company who adapt printers and computers for the milatary, where I do things with a soldering iron.

In addition to the C5 I am a attempted writer, film maker, photoshopper and worshiper of heavy metal.

While Brakes are no concen to a C5 that dont go, i'm sure i'll develope a intrest soon enough 

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 24, April, 2008 - 08:08:45 »
mmm, gave this one some thought !

As the owner of C5alive I really should introduce myself, especially as we have a nice new home here complete with new neighbours.

I'm Karl and ,along with my wife Angie and my daughter Jordan, have taken over the reins for C5alive from Mark.

As a shift-worker for a large London based firm ( :-X) some days are easier to spend on C5 stuf than others.

I own five C5's at the moment, a couple of which are quite special - Voodoo and the "furry one", both "parts-bin" specials.
Along with Hank,Paul Bunce,Ollie,Johnny,Mark & Neil I completed last years London-Brighton run on a C5. I've also attended most of the meetings, so I've met quite a few people from here.

Once my job changes settle down I will be sorting out some new meetings and making more friends.

Hank Ladd

« Reply #6 on: 24, April, 2008 - 08:29:06 »
Hi Im Hank, a 23 year old Graphic Designer, working in Bath. (But live in chippenham). I am also the same age as the C5 and was born in the same month that they were launched!

My C5 is named bumblebee, to match its bright yellow and black colour.

Im always on the lookout for Design work to be doing, so if anyone needs their own business re-vamping, logo re-designing or a corporate identity created im you man! I dont charge much either! ;) You can get a look at my work on my website at: www.hankdesign.co.uk

Hank x

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 24, April, 2008 - 08:34:19 »
Hank - forward me your address on an e-mail mate so I can send you your plaque from Wales.

Like the new forum ?

Leeb7613

« Reply #8 on: 26, April, 2008 - 21:51:07 »
Hello All!

I am Lee (or Lee, Lee or Bully whichever I don't mind), never mind the age and all that stuff, believe me its not that interesting!!!
I currently have 5 C5's, one is my first, fully restored and kitted out, she's been on man runs etc including the Wales run (excellent jobby!!) she has no name, but I call her a few choice ones when I have to peddle up some of the steep hills in Derbyshire!, one more is on the bench now, going through a full restoration, three others are waiting to be done.
I have met up with loads of great people, because of the C5

Cheers..Lee, Lee

12vboywilson

« Reply #9 on: 27, April, 2008 - 12:03:19 »
Hello All!

I am Lee (or Lee, Lee or Bully whichever I don't mind), never mind the age and all that stuff, believe me its not that interesting!!!
I currently have 5 C5's, one is my first, fully restored and kitted out, she's been on man runs etc including the Wales run (excellent jobby!!) she has no name, but I call her a few choice ones when I have to peddle up some of the steep hills in Derbyshire!, one more is on the bench now, going through a full restoration, three others are waiting to be done.
I have met up with loads of great people, because of the C5

Cheers..Lee, Lee
Lee, lemme know if you're selling any of those any time soon ^.^

filcool

« Reply #10 on: 27, April, 2008 - 16:59:33 »
hey there im phil (24)im totally new to this,ive just purchased my first c5 for the grand price of £25 pounds up here in scotland,dont get to excited though its not in great condition for this money.

It s been sitting in the guys garden for years and rust has firmly taken a hold on the chassis,holes galour,it does move just under pedal power ,but someone has taken a scissors  to the wiring i think,i do have the motor but also bad condititon,also gear box but missing one of the nylon cogs,no boot lid,no hub caps, no front wheel cover ,brakes seized,tyres rotted away ,lots to do but we have the technology to rebuild it i hope with a little help from people on here.

blabblub

« Reply #11 on: 27, April, 2008 - 17:56:10 »
I see you like a challenge then Phil !

Welcome you couldnt be in a better place for advise and parts

Blabblububububub  ;D

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 27, April, 2008 - 21:12:46 »
I see you like a challenge then Phil !

Welcome you couldnt be in a better place for advise and parts

Blabblububububub  ;D

Blablubblubublabbu is right, there's more than a few others here who aren't afraid to "improve" the original design a little  ;D

Bit like your £25 special, having a "parts-bin" C5 is great coz you are free to experiment without fear of trashing a pristine example.

Hank Ladd

Re: Make yourself all known
« Reply #13 on: 28, April, 2008 - 13:17:18 »
Sounds like a promising start to a great little project! I wish I could find one for £25 :)

Hank

wildoliver

Re: Make yourself all known
« Reply #14 on: 29, April, 2008 - 18:05:25 »
Hi Everyone!

I'm Oliver 26 from Yorkshire, I grew up with sinclair products and always wanted a c5, and even worse remember when they were so cheap. But of course never had the means to buy one, well now I can so the hunt is on for a restoration job, this seemed a good place to start!

Oliver