News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: ** cancelled ** Milton Keynes Run. 20th May 10am  (Read 12860 times)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Re: Milton Keynes Run. 20th May!
« Reply #15 on: 29, April, 2012 - 00:06:40 »
Copying from RadioMarty's excellent First run writeup!

The meeting time will be 10am at the Premier Inn car park which is in the Willen Lake complex. For those using Sat Nav the post code is MK15 0DS. The car park is located off the Lakeside roundabout which has plenty of parking unfortunately there is a charge of £2 up to 4 hours , £3 up to 8 hours - please note they have active parking attendants ! For those with trailers there are limited bay's but I have checked and we can use the grass verges so see me on the day and we will park you up safe.   

The run itself is mainly tarmacked 'red routes' and under passes but I must confess it's a rabbit warren with path's going everywhere. I have visited twice now and had a great reception from the local's on many occasion's but have not yet managed to do the full route as I think you need a degree in map reading to work the guide out (or I'm just stupid!). So this is where the fun starts - what I am proposing is we do this run annually like some of the others and each year we plan to get further round it until we have completed it. We can try and pull our resources and crack it together.
Should prevent it becoming stale.

If you are wanting to eat there is pub grub (2 for £10) type place at the lakeside itself. For those with families there are play areas suitable for young children and older, a climbing ropes activity area (which you would need to book on 0845 6521736, I would advise the low ropes course unless you are Tarzan) and a coffee shop.

So should be a fun day-

Those wanting to attend please post your names so we don't leave anyone behind - hope to see you there regards Radiomarty

Willen Lake, V10 Brickhill Street, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS

Meeting point :

The sign you need to turn by at the carpark entrance

If anybody gets lost of needs a hand, my number is 07595 365 413

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Karl

Re: Milton Keynes Run. 20th May 10am *UPDATED*
« Reply #16 on: 29, April, 2012 - 07:13:52 »
Sadly I wont be able to get to this one  :-X

Calendar etc all updated....have a great run guys  ;)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #17 on: 08, May, 2012 - 23:23:44 »
Now hoping the weather holds off for this. Hopefully Santapod this weekend will give us a clue to how it will go!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #18 on: 13, May, 2012 - 09:48:50 »
Sorry Mike - an unexpected visit to Wembley with the mighty Luton Town trying to return to the football league has clashed with the event so sadly will have to pull out of this run  :)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #19 on: 13, May, 2012 - 11:00:35 »
Sorry Mike - an unexpected visit to Wembley with the mighty Luton Town trying to return to the football league has clashed with the event so sadly will have to pull out of this run  :)

Thanks for letting me know Martin :)

I might have to pull out myself as it is possibly going to be me on my own! My mate Darren can no longer make it either :(

Any more takers before We cancel / change dates? I know Chas was keen.. Not heard from Plod. Steve? Anybody? Beuller? :)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #20 on: 13, May, 2012 - 15:40:06 »
Not able to make this date, its the same day as the biggest radio/ Electronics junk / boot sale at Stockwood park Dunstable ...   8)

Certainly up for another date, cant do any dates in May .....   :(

John

Offline steve_1360

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #21 on: 13, May, 2012 - 16:48:42 »
I'm still available but I do have other things that I could be doing next weekend. It would be nicer if there was more than two of us.

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #22 on: 13, May, 2012 - 19:02:18 »
John, no probs mate. Tempted by the radio fair myself....

Steve, I'm more than happy to do a run with two of us, but it's a bit brave for a first run! :)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #23 on: 13, May, 2012 - 21:28:33 »
This is a brilliant event if the weathers fine, as its all outside in a field, but loads of bargains, not always radio related, saw a C5 there a couple of years ago, anything electrical and more.

http://www.ddrcbootsale.org/

John

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #24 on: 13, May, 2012 - 21:42:40 »
This is a brilliant event if the weathers fine, as its all outside in a field, but loads of bargains, not always radio related, saw a C5 there a couple of years ago, anything electrical and more.

http://www.ddrcbootsale.org/

John

Cheers for that link!

I might as well make plans to go there in that case.. Love a good mooch. Think I'll take a small car though so I don't end up buying tons of big stuff that I can't store anywhere :)

Still stocking up on electronics components. Could do with some decent boxes to keep them in actually.

Karl

« Reply #25 on: 14, May, 2012 - 19:40:39 »

I might as well make plans to go there in that case...

Do you want this crossed off the calendar etc ?

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #26 on: 14, May, 2012 - 21:12:19 »
Yes please mate. Will try to re-shuffle for another time.

Offline steve_1360

• Battery level: 2
Re: ** cancelled ** Milton Keynes Run. 20th May 10am
« Reply #27 on: 15, May, 2012 - 21:39:36 »
Hopefully the weather will be a bit more stable later in the year.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #28 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:21:16 »
Well went along to this Radio event this morning, it was abit overcast with some drizzle, but ok.

Walked around for about 20mins when i spotted something on a stall, i couldn't belive my eyes, a C5 Motor in near mint condition minus the gearbox and the small bearings and cogs. All wires and connections intact.  :)

The stall holder had no idea what it was , only that it was a motor ....  :o

I asked how much and he said give me a couple of quid, dug deep in the pocket for my change and could only offer him a ten pound note, he didn't have any change and said how much change you got, quick count up =60p.  That will do he said, i just want to get rid of it.

Thanks you very much and have a nice day ....  ; 8)

I then made a hasty retreat !!   8)

So a good day this end, also got some unrelated C5 stuff, but this must be cheapest C5 motor ever ..

Gave it a quick test when i got home, bearings all good (like new), brushes also in great condition as well.

So very pleased, nearly didn't go as well ...  It will be up on e bay later starting bid of £200  ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #29 on: 20, May, 2012 - 19:30:42 »
You Jammy B*****d  ;D ;D

That's a great find though, so well done for spotting it  :)