News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Crawley Run - Sunday April 22nd  (Read 16518 times)

marra

Re: Crawley Run - Sunday April 22nd
« Reply #45 on: 21, April, 2012 - 20:11:11 »
 :( :( :( To far for me on this with high work load at mo . Have a good un.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #46 on: 21, April, 2012 - 20:13:28 »
Have a great run guy's - looking forward to the photo's and tales  :) ;) :D

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #47 on: 21, April, 2012 - 23:39:11 »
Im not going to see how the bus is running in the morning Karl.. The thought of getting stuck between here and Crawley isn't a great one :)

Plan B is to just drive down in the clio and borrow one of yours.. Is that still an option?

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #48 on: 22, April, 2012 - 04:19:30 »
Hi Karl

Not going to make it, only just got in from work    :((Couple of last minute customers >:()

Was really looking forward to this. :(

Have a great day those that are going.. 8)

See you on the next one.

John
« Last Edit: 22, April, 2012 - 04:35:17 by PLOD11 »

Karl

« Reply #49 on: 22, April, 2012 - 06:28:00 »
Im not going to see how the bus is running in the morning Karl.. The thought of getting stuck between here and Crawley isn't a great one :)

Plan B is to just drive down in the clio and borrow one of yours.. Is that still an option?

..borrowing a c5 isnt a problem but you will need to bring along some batteries  :)

Plod - sorry to hear you cant make it .

Looking out the window this morning it is lovely blue skies....but it is due to rain later this afternoon though  ::)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #50 on: 22, April, 2012 - 10:12:25 »
Have sent you a message Karl. Sorry mate, was really looking forward to it, seems it wasnt meant to be for me!

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #51 on: 22, April, 2012 - 17:10:46 »
Just got back ... and it's raining  ;D

Had a great day out, made even better with the weather behaving itself ... it actually nice and sunny  8)
Don't think anyone had any major issues, and mine only started playing up a bit about 1 mile from base, due to overheating ( see, it was a warm run )

Was good to meet up with everyone, and thanks to Karl & Angie for the bacon rolls, sausage rolls ... and the 99  ;D

Daz

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #52 on: 22, April, 2012 - 17:23:13 »
I had a fantastic day! The weather was great and we only had a few minor breakdowns - my secondary keyswitch started playing up, and a couple overheated.

Chas managed to fix my groaning noise by packing the bearings with grease and also fitted a cable tie round the gearbox 'tongue' and fitted a new drivebelt. Thanks a lot mate, highly appreciated.

Also a thank you to Karl & Angie for the sausage rolls and the ice cream ;D

My pictures are now uploading and the ones that Dad took should be up soon too.

Karl

« Reply #53 on: 22, April, 2012 - 18:08:29 »
Looking forward to seeing those piccies   :)

Thanks to everyone who came along to help make this such a really good run . Impressed with Chas making probably the longest journey in order to take part, closely followed by Kamil & miniDaz. Cheers guys, your support for the run is much appreciated.

Biggest surprise was Al coming along just to see a c5 for the first time before deciding whether or not he might want to buy one. I had a c5 available so he joined in the run ! Then, having completed the run, asked if he could buy the c5 he had just used  8)   He was sporting a proper c5 grin throughout the day so it was obvious he really enjoyed the experience . 

Pete provided a safety car/spares support van for the day which thankfully wasnt needed for any broken down c5's , just the one battery change half way through - but it was nice to have the support there if needed (cheers matie).

Angie and I never got to take any piccies so cant wait to see those that Pete and Kamil and his dad took.

A superb day  ;D

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #54 on: 22, April, 2012 - 18:32:21 »
Glad the weather held off (its been raining here in Peterborough all day) :( and no breakdowns.

Really Sad i missed this, everything was ready to go, but not getting home until after 4am i was a bit tired.

Look forward to seeing the pics.   8)

John

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #55 on: 22, April, 2012 - 19:16:45 »
Here's a link to the thread containing the piccies; http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2388.0.html

Jonny

« Reply #56 on: 22, April, 2012 - 20:47:34 »
Was brill!vthanks again to Karl for lending me a c5 and thanks to Angie for the ice cream and bacon roll!

Karl

« Reply #57 on: 23, April, 2012 - 07:49:29 »
Was brill!vthanks again to Karl for lending me a c5 and thanks to Angie for the ice cream and bacon roll!

It was good to have you come along and take part  ;) Thanks for road testing the c5 for me  8)