News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Good to be here  (Read 2799 times)

TRminator

Good to be here
« on: 18, September, 2010 - 13:55:20 »
Hi folks

It's good to be here.  I've just recently gotten my hands on a couple of Mk1 C5's, both January 85 builds, bith in the 3000's and with the help of Karl's parts and hopefully some info from you C5 experts on here I'll breathe some life into them both.

I've concentrated on one of them and have had her up and down my street but there's a control box issue.  The pod sounds a continuous bleep after a couple of minutes running and shuts everything down - something I've read about happening to one of your other forum members along with an answer and which I'll leave to a colleague (who is somewhat of an electronics genius) to sort for me.  There are no lights showing on the pod either, and I've tried swapping it fot the one in the other C5, but it's still not lighting so I presume the problem is control module related.
The other C5 has absolutely no control module at all!  It's also missing a tensionator and the chain is seized.  Anyone out there have a control module available?  Even a shot one.

regards - Kyle, Northern Ireland

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Good to be here
« Reply #1 on: 18, September, 2010 - 14:28:38 »
Hi Kyle - welcome to the forum - Karl my have a control box available worth dropping him a line. Where about's in Northern Ireland are you ?. My in laws live over there and we visit a couple of times a year great place alway's good fun . Good luck with the restorations any photo's always appreciated. If in doubt just ask - enjoy !

TRminator

« Reply #2 on: 18, September, 2010 - 19:43:57 »
Thanks Radiomarty.  I'm in the village of Waringstown, County Armagh, between Lurgan and Banbridge.

Yup I'll stick on a few pics.  I'd initially started restoring the wrong C5.  I examined the two and decided that the one with the best bodywork (and that smelt the least of cat urine!) was the one that would get my attention first.  It wasn't until I took the boots off the two of them that I realised that the one I had spent hours cleaning and sticking tyres on had no control module!  Grr.  So everything got swapped around, and the cleaning operation started in earnest.  Fun and games.  Had I researched where everything should be before starting I wouldn't have ended up wasting time.  Lesson learned!

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy333/TRminator1/?action=view&current=DSCF1649.jpg#!oZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs805.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy333%2FTRminator1%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCF1651.jpg%26

-Kyle
The pic was taken just as I had realised the error of my ways.  That's "Esther" on the right, the one with no module, and that's "Esther's Dirty Sister" on the left - the one that's now with my electronics genius mate for sorting.  (I really must give her a name of her own!!!!  ha ha) 
« Last Edit: 18, September, 2010 - 19:47:29 by TRminator »

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 20, September, 2010 - 09:06:53 »
Why not try the relay method( just research it on this site) for controlling the C5 that has no pod?.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 21, September, 2010 - 06:36:31 »
Welcome to the forum, and well done for bagging yourself a couple of C5's.

Retro Andy.

TRminator

« Reply #5 on: 21, September, 2010 - 08:12:53 »
Thanks Retro Andy

That's something I'm exploring and the route I suspect I'll take!
cheers
-Kyle