News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Zip it up stupid!  (Read 1987 times)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Zip it up stupid!
« on: 05, December, 2011 - 17:09:40 »
Seeing as we are enjoying a dry period at the moment I've had my C5 out for the run to work and back. Was really enjoying it on Friday till I got home without my wallet.  :o 

My stupid fault for not zipping up my pockets.Doh!

Still I can recommend Superdry Windcheaters for C5 driving. Zip up pockets, nice and warm but on my 15 min journey didn't get too hot that I got home sweaty.

I have found my battery hasn't lasted well today though. Could this be due to leaving it uncharged for a few weeks then recharging more frequently without draining it much?

I might be testing the '4 year warrantee' earlier than I hoped!

Karl

Re: Zip it up stupid!
« Reply #1 on: 05, December, 2011 - 22:33:00 »
If it's really cold out there then you will notice a real drop in range - battery chemistry doesn't like the cold. "Exercising" the battery is good for it , so running the c5 and recharging thebattery is better for it than just leaving the battery on the shelf. I've rad that if possible you should always store a battery charged, not "flat".

Well done for braving the elements though  8)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #2 on: 05, December, 2011 - 23:00:31 »
Thanks Karl - Is it good to leave it on charge while not using it or charge it and leave it?

Have to say it didn't feel like braving, it was more comfortable and a lot more fun than walking. Surprisingly I get home less hot and sweaty. Even managed to get a bag of shopping in on the way home  ;D

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #3 on: 04, February, 2012 - 20:51:32 »
sign on for the email from ALDI and LIDLE, they do battery conditioners/chargers every so often.