C5alive Marketplace > The Chas section

Back brake mod

(1/3) > >>

C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER:
Hi I have just about finished doing a mod that I saw at Brooklands  on Peps C5 ..It's a back brake mod with a disc and caliper ...And it looked great ...So I asked him if I could have a go at making one the same And he said yes .so I started to build one with help from Pep .but in kit form so it could be fitted very easy but it was not that simple so I decided to make it so I would put it together as much as I can and the rest would be up to the buyer ...But it would be very easy to fit with photos ..Any way here are some photos of it ..bye Chas

7-IMGP3782 by

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/94072080@N04/10440025523/]
5-IMGP3780 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

6-IMGP3781 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

Here is another Caliper I used

4-IMGP3779 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

3-IMGP3778 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

2-IMGP3777 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

1-IMGP3776 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

As you can see they are not quiet finished yet .....
Bye and thanks again to Pep ......

dansretropod:
Nice work Chas as usual. I'll need to re-jig the xpod control box a bit to accomodate your brake, but cant wait to get some ;D

Hi just to let all know that the mod is now being tested and will be for sale if all goes well ...Here are some photos on how to fit it ...As you can see the back bar has not been fitted but it must be just take out the bolt and fit the bar in place

1-DAN2 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

2-DAN3 by CHAS SINCLAIR C5 RESTORER, on Flickr

dansretropod:
Hi Chas,

Great work, did a 15 mile trip today to test your brake and works perfectly, much better than the drum brake.  Here is a pic of it all installed:

Thanks that's great Dan and it looks well all I need to do  is to get some better nuts bolts ....But that's not a problem I will send some you some asap ..Thanks again Chas ...

PS I will be sending Dave the black caliper kit for him to test ...Hopefully it will be the same as the one you have tested ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version