C5 Help > C5 Support

Cleaning body work

<< < (3/3)

Phoenix:
I use car wash shampoo, then let dry, then cif, I leave it on for 5 mins or so, then a good scrub, then car shampoo again gets it looking great, when I got mine it looked grey, amazing how different it looks now, for stubborn stains I put a little neat washing up liquid, and just leave then wash it off.

This is how mine did look when brought

To this after I finished doing everything ...... Did take a few cleans

kamilb1998:

--- Quote from: Phoenix on  29, January, 2013  - 18:49:30 ---I use car wash shampoo, then let dry, then cif, I leave it on for 5 mins or so, then a good scrub, then car shampoo again gets it looking great, when I got mine it looked grey, amazing how different it looks now, for stubborn stains I put a little neat washing up liquid, and just leave then wash it off.

This is how mine did look when brought

To this after I finished doing everything ...... Did take a few cleans

--- End quote ---

That is quite a transformation!  8)

Paul Langton-Rogers:
It sure is!  WOW looks brand new like it rolled off the production line yesterday... great job!!

I'm been reading all the tips on this old sticky thread, some great tips..thanks guys.. I'm about to roll my sleeves up and clean a C5 that hasn't been touched in 30 years...it's not too bad about average level of dirt and only minor scratches and scuffs in the usual places...

I cleaned up the front-wheel covers last weekend..OMG they were absolutely FILTHY black and covered in several mm of dust. I was astonished how well they cleaned up (almost like new!) just from soapy water, a sponge and a cheapo Morrisons kitchen spray cleaner with has a very low concentration of bleach. It was great to see the Sinclair logos inside..you couldn't even see them before!!   :D  Also the reflective decal material was not affected by my really "going at it" and using a lot of water and scrubbing. It cleaned up just as well and didn't bubble or peel off as I feared it might.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version