C5 Help > C5 Support

Complete Relay Wiring Diagram

(1/3) > >>

USA-C5-Owner:
I finally get to start the wiring this weekend  :) .    The wiring diagram I have drawn is pasted below for reference.  If anyone sees anything to be added or changed, let me know.

KarlG:
Hi,

I find your circuit to be a bit over engineered. My conclusions are based on the original C5 configuration.

Some of the fuses are highly overrated, 15A for the turn indicators, and 20A for the lighting. :o :o Assuming you are using the original lighting system, the front and rear bulbs are rated at 5W each i.e. 10 watts total, 10 watts constitutes .83A. So a 2A sloblo fuse is sufficient. I don't know what the rating is for the turn indicators as I use LEDs, but it should be around about the same as the lights. I also don't know what gauge wire you are using for your lights and indicators, but I can imagine the fire brigade being call out if you have a short circuit

Why are you using two flasher units when one will suffice? Look at the circuit below.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/XE521/Example_zps5a46960c.jpg

But on the other hand, if you are happy with the system that all that matters. ;)

USA-C5-Owner:
Karl, Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up using one flasher relay in the order you had shown and it worked fine.  I will also adjust the fuse panel to small amp circuits as well.  Thanks for the suggestions, the input really helps.   :)

USA-C5-Owner:
I did take in account the fuse suggestions and and flasher suggestion by Karl.  Thank you again.  After wiring the C5, everything works fine.  The diagram is not perfect, but may be a good start to someone needing a complete rewire from a badly abused C5 like mine.

I ran everything in wire loom tubing, and just a note for someone else, it can get tight near the back frame and near the chain depending on how you run the wires.

Regards

jockywilson11:
Your Motor fuse is a bit small. I monitor mine on the move, and the starting current can be as high as 90amps. You might want to consider a 100a fuse if you are fitting one. Stall current on the Motor is 140a so it should be ok. Going up hill whilst pedalling 40a is a fairly typical figure.

I also kept the original thermal switch in series with the Motor switch on mine to trip the motor if it gets hot. To keep the motor cool I also fitted a 12v computer fan on the end of motor. Mine runs all the time, but some folks wire them to run with the motor when it runs.

Cheers Jocky

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version