News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: C5alive Android App... Version 1...  (Read 2457 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
C5alive Android App... Version 1...
« on: 06, October, 2013 - 21:50:25 »
Maybe I have too much time on my hands when my wife's working, but I just had a little fiddle and came up with an Android app. It's VERY basic at the moment. It doesn't show new threads which is annoying, but it allows you to go through the sections, login (at the bottom) and reply to posts. I don't know if it will be particularly handy, but hey ho! I've just read it would cost me $25 to sign up to list it on Google Play, which isn't going to happen, so I'll just give you a direct link instead. Obviously there's no fee, I did it to make my life easier, not to make money, but I would appreciate the feedback.

It really is basic, don't expect a 'wow' factor, but here's the first C5alive Android App...

http://www.appsgeyser.com/620068

Oh, incidentally, as it's not listed on Google store most phones (like mine) may tell you that it's from an unverified publisher etc etc... I promise you it's not full of viruses  ::)

Offline dansretropod

• Battery level: 3
  • The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
Re: C5alive Android App... Version 1...
« Reply #1 on: 06, October, 2013 - 23:52:28 »
Nice idea ;) What advantage will it give though than just firing up your android browser of choice and going to c5alive.co.uk? When using app versions of websites I always find myself wanting to do something the app can't do and invariably just end up going to the plain www site.  I can't believe google are charging $25 to submit it to google play  :o I've made a couple of android apps/games before in java and it was always free to list them ::)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Re: C5alive Android App... Version 1...
« Reply #2 on: 06, October, 2013 - 23:59:56 »
To be honest, probably nothing, but I find apps far easier to use on smart phones than websites... Mine's only basic so it would be great if someone could do a better job  ;D