News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Driffielsd steam and vintage rally 9-10/8/14  (Read 2477 times)

Offline C5 Josh Langstaff

• Battery level: 2
Driffielsd steam and vintage rally 9-10/8/14
« on: 06, January, 2014 - 16:30:41 »
hi everybody. there is going to be a steam and vintage rally at the Driffield showground on the 9th of august till the 10th of august. this is held every year at the Driffield showground where the Driffield show is held every year and you will have most likely seen that on the news. at the steam rally there are many vintage vehicles and a place to stay over the weekend. i was thinking that this year we could try and get some of us and our c5s up to the rally and set up a gazebo and have some c5s set out there. once every day of the show at spceific times every category of vehicle will go out for a rally in the main ring so our category would be cycles which is ussually around 2pm or 4 pm i do not know the specific times yet.  if you would like to attend this event with me that would be great as i worked as a cleaner at the event last year i told some people that i should be going up with my c5 at least when i can afford to buy one. i will be happy to organize most of the event but i will need some help as it is quite a big event. if you would like to attend the event please contact me via the forums or my email which is joshlangstaff@hotmail.com thanks-Josh  :) www.driffieldvintagerally.co.uk

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
Re: Driffielsd steam and vintage rally 9-10/8/14
« Reply #1 on: 17, February, 2014 - 08:00:43 »
Hi Josh

Sorry this reply is a bit late, but I've been away from the site for a while.

I go to Driffield stream rally each year (it's my favourite of the year), usually in my Allegro but I've just sold that and was thinking of entering the bicycle section with my C5 instead. There is usually a C5 painted in Lotus colours that attends. It would be great if we could get a few more there. Has anyone else got in touch about this?
« Last Edit: 17, February, 2014 - 08:05:56 by Dave.76 »

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #2 on: 17, February, 2014 - 10:55:11 »
This is a possible for me as I live in north Manchester. Transport is a problem at the mo. Would anyone be interested in splitting the hire cost of a van?

Offline C5 Josh Langstaff

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #3 on: 25, February, 2014 - 13:51:13 »
hi you two in reply to your posts i think i remember seeing the alegro haha as i was at work aas one of the cleaners/litter picker and i stayed there over the weekend and i did see the lotus styled c5, even only with a few of us at least two i would like tto still try and do the even but once again i will most likeley be at work on site but i will pop in to check up on every from time to time and with states of transport imight be able to sort something out with a trailer or something and we will have to find out a gazeabo to rent or if someon of the team has one we can borrow. once again i wont be able to spend much money on the event without decrecing my c5 purchasing funds as i am only 15 and at this time are writing this in school but i will have to see what i can do for anything without killing my funds for purchasing my own c5 anyway get back to me for anyone who definetly wants to attend and i shal make a list tonight or whenever i am free and i will get back to everyone on that . till next time-Josh