News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: At last i've got a C5  (Read 4938 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
At last i've got a C5
« on: 25, April, 2009 - 19:19:27 »
Had a nice drive out to Derby today, and picked up my first ever C5 from Lee  ;D

Just want to say a big thank you to Lee and family for making us feel very welcome.
And have to say thank you to Tom, for keeping Riley happy with lego, rc cars, guns and hide 'n' seek  :D, and to Bethany ( hope i've got the names right ) for keeping Jacob amused and well fed  :D :D

Currently got the C5 in the garage, and hoping for a nice day on Sunday so that i can go for a little ride round the village and play dodge the speed bumps  :D

Looking forward to joining you all at some shows in the future : Brooklands being the first.
And for anyone wondering about C5 transport, i found out today that you can fit one C5 in an Estima ( seats : 2 - 2 - 3  ), and still get 3 plus driver in  ;D

Daz

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
Re: At last i've got a C5
« Reply #1 on: 25, April, 2009 - 19:59:44 »
Had a nice drive out to Derby today, and picked up my first ever C5 from Lee  ;D

Just want to say a big thank you to Lee and family for making us feel very welcome.
And have to say thank you to Tom, for keeping Riley happy with lego, rc cars, guns and hide 'n' seek  :D, and to Bethany ( hope i've got the names right ) for keeping Jacob amused and well fed  :D :D

Currently got the C5 in the garage, and hoping for a nice day on Sunday so that i can go for a little ride round the village and play dodge the speed bumps  :D

Looking forward to joining you all at some shows in the future : Brooklands being the first.
And for anyone wondering about C5 transport, i found out today that you can fit one C5 in an Estima ( seats : 2 - 2 - 3  ), and still get 3 plus driver in  ;D

Daz

That was me 5 days ago! They really are great fun, and you NEVER get that 'First Drive  8)" feeling again so enjoy it!!
Mark

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 25, April, 2009 - 21:02:04 »
Wayhay - nice one Daz !

Mark, I always have that first drive feeling & it keeps getting better, even when it chucked it down. I dunno why I like it so much - but every drive (even to work of all places) is awesome.

I have just been to the CO-OP to get some beer on the C5, I normally make it myself but I have run out - lol its like I look for an excuse to drive it.

by the way - if anyone has a set of original rear indicators to sell me :)
« Last Edit: 25, April, 2009 - 21:03:56 by Umpa »

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 25, April, 2009 - 21:35:42 »
well done daz  ;D let us know how the maiden Voyage goes, I'm still restoring mine and its burning some serious holes in my pockets, I've had a quick run on one of Karl's c5's and its great fun  good luck  scott 8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 26, April, 2009 - 09:52:04 »
Nice one mate, great stuff, its looks like its gonna be a nice day so enjoy the smiles from the people you past and count how many say :- i ain't seen one of them for years, or is that a sinclair c5 ? hope to see you on one of meetings soon.

Retro Andy

Offline minidaz

« Reply #5 on: 26, April, 2009 - 19:55:20 »
After getting a battery just in time ( 10 mins before the shop closed ), i went for a little spin round the village  ;D

Had a few comments : " haven't seen one of those for ages " and " that's cool " , along with quite a few smile from car drivers.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and even Emily had a big grin on her face after having a go  ;D ... best save up for C5 no.2  :D

Definetly fly in the face driving  ;D :D :D

Daz

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 26, April, 2009 - 20:28:42 »
Nice one Daz, they sure do bring a smile its the C5 effect....

What battery did you end up getting ?

Offline minidaz

« Reply #7 on: 26, April, 2009 - 21:25:17 »
Went for a Halfords leisure battey in the end : HLB678.

Seems to be quite a good one.

Daz

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 26, April, 2009 - 22:59:11 »
Looking good mate  8)

Nice to see you've got that "c5 Grin"  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #9 on: 27, April, 2009 - 06:49:19 »
They are both big "c5 grins" which you just get help getting when your in one, glad your first spin went well.

Retro Andy