News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: My 1st Sinclair C5 arrives tomorrow YAY!  (Read 3461 times)

copendriver

My 1st Sinclair C5 arrives tomorrow YAY!
« on: 25, July, 2011 - 23:18:24 »
Hi All

Just excited about my C5 arriving tomorrow!
Once I've then bought a battery & charger & had some practice runs I'll be sure to post some photos.

Also if there are any other C5 owners in London that fancy the odd trip to some of the inner city parks or maybe Columbia Road Flower market for breakfast out on a Sunday, that could be really fun.

Safe journey Karl & Angie

P.S if anyone has any nifty name suggestions for my C5 that would be cool:

Currently I've a Copen called = Mayday (Bought on May 1st hence the name) & maybe in case it ever goes tech, but being Japanese I'm hoping not.

Plus a Bright Green Brompton folding bike, handy for whizzing about London & taking on the tube, & he's called = Kermit.

So see what you think.

Cheers Neil

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: My 1st Sinclair C5 arrives tomorrow YAY!
« Reply #1 on: 26, July, 2011 - 10:10:04 »
Isn't MAYDAY a distress call  ;D ;D ;D ;D

What about JULIE (JULY)  ???

The Sunday market trip might be interesting, maybe a trip round the Millenium cycle route ending up at the dome, ?

Good luck with the New C5, glad you have got one now and you will have hours of fun with that.

John
PLOD11

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 26, July, 2011 - 16:34:01 »
Mission accomplished  ;)

Neil now has his C5 , safely delivered this afternoon  8). Where he lives is a real hidden gem , lovely and quiet with excellent cycle lanes. Perfect for a c5 meeting ( which he has been bullied coaxed into arranging later on ;D). Some excellent sight seeing as well .

First time I've ever had to remove a wheel from a c5 in order to get it through the front door though  :D

copendriver

True enough John!
« Reply #3 on: 26, July, 2011 - 20:57:17 »
Hey John

Thanks for your reply. Yeah indeed Mayday is a distress call, it was me being "tongue in cheek" about buying Japanese for the 1st time, but in reality, they are far more reliable than some of the European stuff I've driven in the past, GM SAAB's & BMW Mini's and the like.
Although give me a Classic SAAB 99 or 900 any day, just not the fuel bill EEEK!!!

I've NEVER tried the Millenium cycle route on my Brompton yet, so now with the C5 too, I plan to tackle lots of the London cycle routes & will feedback. The Sunday market can be fun but can get super busy so we'd have to park up on one end of the street. Think ending up at the Dome in our matching colourways would make a great picture?

C5 has already been to Tower Bridge and back & done a circuit of an ecological park & Greenland dock before running out of juice. Got lots of positive attention apart from at City Hall where a be-fleeced security guard said "I was on a Private estate and that the C5 was unwelcome." All this whilst tourists went mad and were snapping away with their camera's.
So the irony was not lost on me, but was on him for sure.
Tut, job's worth's it's all health & bleeding safety these days! GRRRR!

Thanks too for the name suggestion, I'm sure something obvious will spring to mind soon enough.  ;D

Cheers Neil

Isn't MAYDAY a distress call  ;D ;D ;D ;D

What about JULIE (JULY)  ???

The Sunday market trip might be interesting, maybe a trip round the Millenium cycle route ending up at the dome, ?

Good luck with the New C5, glad you have got one now and you will have hours of fun with that.

John
PLOD11

copendriver

« Reply #4 on: 26, July, 2011 - 22:21:06 »
Think it's shopping for a shed tomorrow!

Housemate wasn't buying into the whole C5 thing, still you can't win em all & try as I might it makes a terrible coffee table.

Thanks once again Karl.

copendriver

« Reply #5 on: 27, July, 2011 - 00:54:19 »

Here's some pics taken on my first trip out with the C5, can't help feeling lucky to have such iconic backdrops all within a 5 mile radius.

1st pic is at City Hall, London with HMS Belfast in the background. EEK! This was a private estate & alas me & the C5 were asked to leave!

2nd pic is in front of a wicked ex US Naval Tug which is being restored at Greenland Dock.

3rd pic is my new toy near Tower Bridge, not bad on a single charge.

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 27, July, 2011 - 06:11:42 »
Very impressive for your first day of ownership  8)

Some excellent piccies there  :)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #7 on: 27, July, 2011 - 09:23:42 »
Great pictures there - great to see you getting out and about in your new C5  :) :)

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #8 on: 28, July, 2011 - 10:28:40 »
If you need an outdoor tailored breathable cover for it instead of a shed, they are £50.
Thoroughbred Covers Ltd 01132 795079

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #9 on: 28, July, 2011 - 15:25:51 »
Bet you got some looks with all them people about.

Retro Andy.

ScubaChris

« Reply #10 on: 28, July, 2011 - 22:04:15 »
That's fantastic,
Well done Neil, I'm really missing my C5 - even more after seeing your pics!  :'(

C.