News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08  (Read 38567 times)

toffeeboy

Re: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08
« Reply #15 on: 10, September, 2008 - 19:27:50 »
I'm new to all things C5 - but am trying to clear my diary!  My cars won't be running (I doubt) but I might come along to meet you all if that's OK!  Might get a few free tips, too?  Oh - and a quick lap in someone's machine?  LOL!!!

Karl

« Reply #16 on: 10, September, 2008 - 19:40:08 »
I'm new to all things C5 - but am trying to clear my diary!  My cars won't be running (I doubt) but I might come along to meet you all if that's OK!  Might get a few free tips, too?  Oh - and a quick lap in someone's machine?  LOL!!!

Why not bring your C5 along anyway ? It could always join the static display in the afternoon.

If you're feeling brave enough I'll let you try out "Voodoo"...just make sure your final will and testament are up to date  :o ;D 

blabblub

« Reply #17 on: 13, September, 2008 - 09:16:55 »
As per usual I cant make this one   :'(

Boo !

Karl

« Reply #18 on: 13, September, 2008 - 22:58:55 »
That is a real shame  :(, I was hoping to see you perfect your sideways braking on the skidpan 8) ;D

I'm hoping to make it an annual event - maybe next year ?

blabblub

« Reply #19 on: 13, September, 2008 - 23:27:34 »
Aye hopefully m8

Would have loved to have been there but have just started a new job

You know the score - work getting in the way of enjoying yourself

I really wanted  to be there !

but obviously i have angered the gods again

Karl

« Reply #20 on: 16, September, 2008 - 18:32:42 »
Just a reminder, closing date for registration for free entry is the end of the week (Friday 19th).

Otherwise, although you can still attend , you will have to pay at the gate.

Karl

« Reply #21 on: 16, September, 2008 - 21:18:12 »
latest update 16/9/2008
----------------------

The amended list of those wanting to attend ;

Me
Angie
Martin
Steve
Kurt
Alan1310
Paul "wizbat"
Hank
Ray Ives
Retroandy
The Hanster

Plus Jordan & Keith as support team.

I'll be meeting the organiser on site Monday 22nd to see where we will be setting up etc and then publish some more details later that day.

In the meantime the cut-off date for registering, and qualifying for free access, is Friday 19th September.

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #22 on: 17, September, 2008 - 09:33:10 »
anybody comming past cambridge at all struggling for transport

Karl

« Reply #23 on: 17, September, 2008 - 15:49:02 »
mate - If you cant get your C5 here, then just bring yourself and I'll get you mobile....although it might have to be the furry one ;D

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #24 on: 18, September, 2008 - 16:25:57 »
that will do think i might have a pair of pants to match

Karl

« Reply #25 on: 19, September, 2008 - 14:06:09 »
that will do think i might have a pair of pants to match

I could get Angie to make you a nice thong to match, I kept a bit of the material :o  :P ;D
« Last Edit: 19, September, 2008 - 14:09:13 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

« Reply #26 on: 19, September, 2008 - 14:35:42 »
I've spoken with the Brooklands event organiser today and submitted the list of those taking part.

Your names & tickets will be lodged with the gate staff to grant you free access.

Gates will be opening 0830am on Sunday 28th. We will be setting up a static display of our C5's and then venturing across the Brooklands site over to the Mercedes Benz test track for the 1 mile race. If we want to, we can set up a drag race as well  :D. Jordan and Keith will be remaining at the static site to keep an eye on everything.

Once we've finished on the track we will return to the Brooklands site to continue with the static display. We have the option to also venture on to the "competition hill" - if you're brave enough ;D The big plus here is that the return route involves using some of the original track - which is off limits to the general public. Quite an opportunity  8).

If you've any questions , or can think of something I've missed out, just drop me a line or give me a call.

It's quite an early start, so for those who are travelling the offer of overnight floor space at my place still stands. We can flash up the jukebox and crack open some cold ones  :D

It's taken some sorting, but this is looking like being the top C5 event of the year !

Offline alan1310

• i wish i was that man
« Reply #27 on: 19, September, 2008 - 20:01:28 »
any chance i can bags the fury one for a mate who is willing to drive me and my c5 down in his van he is despret for one so thought i would ask dont worry if cant cheers karl

Karl

« Reply #28 on: 19, September, 2008 - 22:01:46 »
any chance i can bags the fury one for a mate who is willing to drive me and my c5 down in his van he is despret for one so thought i would ask dont worry if cant cheers karl

Not a problem mate , the more the merrier --- the thong is optional though  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #29 on: 21, September, 2008 - 10:33:29 »
This all sounds like its going to be a great day, and i am really looking forward to it, all this talk of classic bikes etc, i'm now looking out for an old raleigh grifter, chopper or bomber back from the day. One day i will grow up (or not) see you all next Sunday (fingers crossed the sun comes out also)

Retro Andy