News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: working on a C5 cover.. interested?  (Read 5051 times)

Offline SwedenBob

• Battery level: 0
working on a C5 cover.. interested?
« on: 29, April, 2011 - 21:12:36 »
Hi all..
as mentioned in a email i sent a week or so I have started to work on a C5 cover.
since i want to make these the "perfect" cover.. so im open for your ideas..!
Im planning to have it as a full cover that goes all around and ends around 1 inch above ground "slightly below the C5"
with a cord that goes all the way around so it can be secured..
im also planning to make some openings with velcro closings for the rear mast and the rear mirrors..
finally a nice print on each side with "Sinclair C5"

what do you folks things about these? does it sound ok?

finally.. if possible ill like to know how many that can be interested in buying one..
as more will buy them the lower the price will be.. but i think i can sell one for around 30-40 pounds
+ shipment from Sweden..
of course.. if someone want to buy more then one ill be happy to give a nice discount..  :)

Karl

Re: working on a C5 cover.. interested?
« Reply #1 on: 29, April, 2011 - 22:07:41 »
Sounds similar to what "coverman" is working on;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1089.0

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 02, May, 2011 - 09:21:45 »
Hi
Id be keen.
I quite fancy the idea of a well fitting full size cover, certainly quality strong material so it wont snag and rip. If one could be made to fit the c5 nicely so it looks good and tight, id be very keen on a few.

Maybe make it in the origianl style grey side panel type material/canvase.. the tonnea is to thin and isnt very waterproof/.

I think the key point is attaching it for wind/rain, maybe use the same idea of how the side panels fit on? as thats secure.

Got any ideas or work in progress photos?

Cheers,

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 03, May, 2011 - 10:03:22 »
We already have a pattern for the C5 cover, as seen at Brooklands last year. Properly breathable waterproof grey fabric, £50 delivered mainland UK (a little more to send to Sweden).
www.thoroughbred-covers.co.uk

Offline SwedenBob

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 05, May, 2011 - 15:19:30 »
saw that.
but tell me if im wrong. the cover doesnt have any C5 logo on their side yes?
the one ill like to make will be kinda custom with different colors and patterns.. maybe I can make one with union jack flag..  :)
also i could put a steel wire in the end so it will made little more difficult to steal..

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #5 on: 05, May, 2011 - 17:45:23 »
I like the idea of differnt patterns, the union jack would be fantastic  ;D

Offline coverman

« Reply #6 on: 06, May, 2011 - 11:34:37 »
Our cover already incorporates a padlockable strap to secure the cover against wind and thieves(padlock extra). It is grey because the proper fabric for the job,waterproof properly breathable UV resistant fabric is only made in that colour:we are the fabric importers. We have been making covers since 1979, hence we know what we're doing. You cannot make a choice of colours and prints available for such small quantities at a reasonable price using an appropriate fabric..
We have non-breathable waterproof fabrics in many colours but they have a harsher inner surface so risk scratching the soft shell and they will encourage sweating corrosion of the metal parts.

ScubaChris

« Reply #7 on: 06, May, 2011 - 12:22:57 »
Our cover already incorporates a padlockable strap to secure the cover against wind and thieves(padlock extra). It is grey because the proper fabric for the job,waterproof properly breathable UV resistant fabric is only made in that colour:we are the fabric importers. We have been making covers since 1979, hence we know what we're doing. You cannot make a choice of colours and prints available for such small quantities at a reasonable price using an appropriate fabric..
We have non-breathable waterproof fabrics in many colours but they have a harsher inner surface so risk scratching the soft shell and they will encourage sweating corrosion of the metal parts.

Sounds great, do you have any pictures of your cover?

C.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 06, May, 2011 - 19:48:46 »
Chris - if you take a browse through the piccies taken at Brooklands in September last year you'll see a few of the c5 cover in use;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=926.0

Offline coverman

« Reply #9 on: 09, May, 2011 - 10:43:39 »
If you want other photos please email me on sales@thoroughbred-covers.co.uk

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #10 on: 09, May, 2011 - 22:14:39 »
Coverman

Are these made to order and what is the delivery time on them, i will have one of these from you when i fiinish my leave after the 22nd May.

What is the total with P+P etc and whats the best way to make payment ??

You can e mail me at G0XBJ@YAHOO.COM
John

Offline coverman

« Reply #11 on: 11, May, 2011 - 09:22:43 »
Hi,
The total is £50 including VAT & postage within  UK mainland.
Best way to order  and pay with credit or debitcard by phone 01132 795079 (you can mail cheque to Thoroughbred Covers Ltd 349 Kirkstall Road Leeds LS4 2HD if you prefer).Current lead time 2/3 working weeks from order &  payment receipt.
Anthony

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #12 on: 11, May, 2011 - 14:07:02 »
Thanks