News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Another new owner  (Read 2628 times)

RichardV

Another new owner
« on: 26, March, 2013 - 18:06:21 »
Hi all,
After wanting one for many years, I've picked up my first C5 just this weekend. It looks great, but it isn't quite working the way it should at the moment.  I've left a message for radiomarty in Kettering, so it should be up to spec soon, and I'm really looking forward to using it in summer to get to work and back, as well as having a few rolls around the countryside.  Are there any other owners near Market Harborough in Leics?
I have lots of questions, but I'll do the right thing and read all the newbie stuff first  :)
Cheers
Richard

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Another new owner
« Reply #1 on: 26, March, 2013 - 18:38:00 »
Hi and welcome - I have e-mailed you - enjoy the site and the wacky world of Sinclair C5'S

mARTY

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #2 on: 26, March, 2013 - 18:51:41 »
Hi and welcome to the forum. Just wondering did you get it off of ebay in or around the London area  ;) ;) ;)

RichardV

« Reply #3 on: 27, March, 2013 - 14:04:08 »
Thanks mARTY.

Luke, I got it on Sunday off ebay on an impulse buy.  My wife was pretty surprised when we suddenly went for a 4 hour trip to fetch it out of the blue.  Nowhere near London though.

Someone a bit more technically minded than myself has had a look at it, and it looks like the bottom brush is missing from the motor.  It sparks a bit at the top and spins with no load.  I'll leave it up to you mARTY.  :)

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 28, March, 2013 - 22:23:23 »
welcome aboard matie  8)

RichardV

« Reply #5 on: 29, March, 2013 - 09:28:30 »
Thanks BooBoo.  I really like this forum so far, well organised, and helpful people.

Having read quite a few of threads, it looks like I've already made a beginner mistake of buying one without knowing much about it.  I should have hung on a bit longer, and got a fully restored one from someone here.  However, no harm done yet, and I'm looking forward to getting it going at some point.  Roll on summer.
« Last Edit: 29, March, 2013 - 09:30:11 by RichardV »