News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: just got a c5  (Read 3680 times)

dave in hull

just got a c5
« on: 19, April, 2011 - 17:19:41 »
hi all just got a grey boot c5 dont no if electric's work will pedal round the block tried it and liked it dont no where to start little bit of surface rust on the frame and a bit off play in rear right wheel thats all looks ok to me and its growin on me love to get it running on a battery and not by pedal power cheers and i live in hull any help

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: just got a c5
« Reply #1 on: 19, April, 2011 - 17:50:54 »
HI THERE DAVE HAVE A LOOK AT MY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE  JORDAN8ISH IS MY USERNAME  BYE  CHAS

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 19, April, 2011 - 20:43:45 »
Welcome to the forum mate  8)

Not sure if you've browsed the forum before joining, but it's always worth taking a look through the unofficial c5 owners manual found in the download section of the main website along with various wiring diagrams etc. All covered in the forum guide as well;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=627.0

Along with Chas and a few others, we've all tinkered with c5's over the years and collectively have stumbled across most of the problems and snags - if you need help restoring one this is hopefully where you'll find it  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 20, April, 2011 - 07:24:22 »
Hi and welcome to the forum, please post some pictures of your C5, nice to see new members  :)

Retro Andy.

c5virgin

« Reply #4 on: 20, April, 2011 - 17:51:25 »
Hi, you need to post some pics, bit of a thing on here, C5 enthusiast & restorer is the guy to ask and buy your wheel bearing from. you can buy a set for about 15 quid from him, this includes many bearings and a switch for the lights.
pete

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 21, April, 2011 - 21:50:31 »
Join photo bucket, its free and must be easy because I can do it  ;D once you upload the picture into your photo bucket account, just copy and paste.

Retro Andy.
« Last Edit: 22, April, 2011 - 08:44:35 by Retro Andy »

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 21, April, 2011 - 23:35:46 »
hi all how do i post pics ?

As RetroAndy says, we tend to use a hosting service - most of us favouring "Photobucket"  .Full step by step help is in the forum guide as well.

Jonny

« Reply #7 on: 22, April, 2011 - 19:31:55 »
looks like a nice c5! the click is the relay activating and the green light is the motor load indicator

ScubaChris

« Reply #8 on: 22, April, 2011 - 19:59:53 »
Hi Dave...

Welcome to the wonderful world of C5 ownership. Mine was in a much worse state than yours when I got it but it was hugely satisfying to restore and get back on the road.   ;D

As for your electrical problem, firstly are you 100% sure that your battery is ok? I ask that because my battery died on me recently. It has enough power to light up the LEDs on the pod and the headlight etc., but when you try to pull the big current needed by the motor, the battery simply can't cope and the relay in the control box just clicks like crazy.

If the battery is definitely ok then I'd probably be tempted to connect the motor wires directly to the battery to make sure the motor spins freely. I'd probably flip the drive belt off before doing this though for the sake of safety.

One little recommendation: You should consider getting a set of quick release battery clamps from the C5alive shop. They're much less bulky than the jump-lead clamps you have in your photo.
Here's a link: http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=125&osCsid=1085095cc94e299435eec125e1e61cc2

C.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #9 on: 23, April, 2011 - 20:59:37 »
Hi and welcome, that looks like quite a good find you have with not alot of refurb needed.

Good look with it and enjoy. If you need help you will find everything here and also I work around Yorkshire so I will help if I can.

Lance

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #10 on: 26, April, 2011 - 15:18:50 »
Hi Dave,

I live between Selby and Howden so im not a million miles away if you need a hand with anything!

Matt