News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: C5 on Gadget show  (Read 6081 times)

Offline robotslive

• Battery level: 0
    • Robots Live
Re: C5 on Gadget show
« Reply #15 on: 18, September, 2011 - 20:26:04 »
Smaller pulley, so have a abit of clearence now, will get a photo of the hole in the seat where the belt rubbed through and left a skid mark on the outside of my trousers (i think they'll be on the inside on the first test!).

It's very loud, each engine has a warning label on of 116db. Little bit worried about the wheels/tyres, they're wheelbarrow wheels (dont think the originals would have taken the power), but not many wheelbarrows are capable of 50mph, so tyres may explode!

Offline robotslive

• Robots Live
« Reply #16 on: 19, September, 2011 - 20:55:59 »
Nearly done, a few bits more to do, inlcuding wheelie bar! Using the orignal throttle switch to operate the throttle actuators.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #17 on: 20, September, 2011 - 06:22:00 »
Nice !  ;) What a toy

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #18 on: 20, September, 2011 - 07:34:33 »
You should bring that along to the Brooklands Test Hill - they'd love it there  ;D.

Awesome mate  8)

Offline robotslive

• Robots Live
« Reply #19 on: 27, September, 2011 - 18:40:19 »
Would have loved to have took it along to Brooklands, but i was busy still building it, hopefully next year!

The drag racing went well, finished 6th-7th overall which isn't too bad, did 100m in 8.9seconds. A few tweaks for next year, got to service all the engines, one is really down on compression, could also do with changing the gearing. Managed to pull the fron trye off the rim in the last but-one run by trying to turn around at the end of the track (live back axle means it dosen't do steering too well!) also melted the front wheel/brakes, anybody know where i can get either another or better still a metal front wheel rim?