News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: To Come: **Petrol Engined and Battery Powered C5**  (Read 3715 times)

Leeb7613

To Come: **Petrol Engined and Battery Powered C5**
« on: 15, May, 2009 - 15:40:02 »

Just a little bit of gossip for you all............

I dont know if you have been on ebay recently, but if you have, you would have noted a brand new, never been on the road C5 for sale, from my old mate Chas (the C5 Master). If you read the write up you would have noted that he has a C5 that he has converted to run with 49cc petrol engine. Well this baby I called Mk1, I have trailed the C5 and can tell you, it goes like stink  , it has all the usual C5 refinements (indicators, horn, lights, but has disc brakes front & rear, along with working speedo, even twin exhausts for all you pimped up C5 fans). This C5 is NOT FOR SALE YET, but will be soon, once Chas has prised it off me that is   

Well enough of all that waffle, what i wanted to let you know, was that Chas has gotten busy............. ??? 

Gossip has it, he is working on C5 Mk2, which I have on good authority, will have a 49cc petrol engine, but also the benefit of a C5 original motor, fully working from battery, but as you use the petrol engine, this charges up the battery.....hey ho, no more flat batteries 

If anyone is interested, I will sneak some photos on the site, with more detailed information, on the build etc.

I tell ya, Chas is like Mr T on speed, give him a handful of paper clips....1 hour later he has built you an armoured personnel carrier/ tank...     

Karl

Re: To Come: **Petrol Engined and Battery Powered C5**
« Reply #1 on: 15, May, 2009 - 16:31:39 »
Looking forward to seeing piccies mate , sounds like some serious engineering is taking place ;)

Bit like the project I am working on -great fun but a crying shame they aren't ever going to be road legal.

If the rules were a relaxed a bit more I reckon it would encourage a lot more creative engineering , just think how much fun it would be watching all the strange machines running about  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 15, May, 2009 - 16:46:30 »
I'd use it on the road, it would be great fun keeping up with traffic. Until i got stopped that is.

Retro Andy

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #3 on: 15, May, 2009 - 18:55:53 »
Don't think i'd get very far taking it on the road. I live right next door to the village police station  :D

Leeb7613

« Reply #4 on: 16, May, 2009 - 10:14:57 »
Looking forward to seeing piccies mate , sounds like some serious engineering is taking place ;)

Bit like the project I am working on -great fun but a crying shame they aren't ever going to be road legal.

If the rules were a relaxed a bit more I reckon it would encourage a lot more creative engineering , just think how much fun it would be watching all the strange machines running about  :)

[/Too right Karl, I would be nice to have free run on making and adapting!! what project are you on with??? or is it too top secret  ???quote]

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #5 on: 30, May, 2009 - 17:11:56 »
That's the problem when you mod a c5 to that extream - it becomes nothing more than a show piece at events, the fun of the c5 is in the driving of it on the road.