News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Item not for sale on here but on ebay  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Item not for sale on here but on ebay
« on: 03, March, 2012 - 18:42:55 »
Hi, there has been quite a few items sold on ebay lately and not via the forum - this is a shame but I hope the one's how have won are from the forum  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Item not for sale on here but on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 03, March, 2012 - 18:59:23 »
Are you talking about the windcheater, tonneau, hi-vis mast & side panels? I saw them too.

rafarestaura

« Reply #2 on: 03, March, 2012 - 21:11:03 »
I´ve bought the side panels and the tonneau, I needed at least one set for my three C5´s and, from the originals, I´ll make replicas for the other two. I usually make searchs on Ebay and other auction places looking for new pieces. If the owner want to sell me I ´m happy to buy  :) but, when I make the replicas I´ll be ready to give to the forum the plans free  ;D ;D. Actually I´m looking for a mirrors and indicators set, somebody wants a deal?. By the way, when I have the side panels I want to design a rain cover over these ones, using flexible plastic and attaching it to my luggage rack, I´ll post it as soon as I finish.

By the way, Kamil,  ;D ;D Happy Birthday¡¡¡  ;D ;D , I remember when I was fourteen years old, all the day thinking in the same thing  :o lol, the cars, of course  ;D ;D ;D.

Regards, Rafael

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #3 on: 03, March, 2012 - 21:45:52 »
I´ve bought the side panels and the tonneau, I needed at least one set for my three C5´s and, from the originals, I´ll make replicas for the other two. I usually make searchs on Ebay and other auction places looking for new pieces. If the owner want to sell me I ´m happy to buy  :) but, when I make the replicas I´ll be ready to give to the forum the plans free  ;D ;D. Actually I´m looking for a mirrors and indicators set, somebody wants a deal?. By the way, when I have the side panels I want to design a rain cover over these ones, using flexible plastic and attaching it to my luggage rack, I´ll post it as soon as I finish.

By the way, Kamil,  ;D ;D Happy Birthday¡¡¡  ;D ;D , I remember when I was fourteen years old, all the day thinking in the same thing  :o lol, the cars, of course  ;D ;D ;D.

Regards, Rafael

Thanks Rafael!
There was a brand new indicator set on eBay a week ago which sold for £130. I would be interested in the plans for replica side panels, can't afford a real set at the minute, all my pocket money is going towards the Jaguar.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 04, March, 2012 - 16:06:28 »
Hi, there has been quite a few items sold on ebay lately and not via the forum - this is a shame but I hope the one's how have won are from the forum  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

..sometimes you get a better price on Ebay ?

rafarestaura

« Reply #5 on: 13, March, 2012 - 19:56:30 »
Hi all, my new side panels and tonneau has arrived to my post office this afternoon  ;D ;D ;D and I´ve installed them as soon I can put my hands on the box  ;). Looks very well, the side panels are really a "new old stock" pieces  8) 8), and the tonneau is marked as "used" but is in a very good condition. I´m very happy with my new parts for the C5  :D :D, you can see some piccies here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.375277355830580.91353.100000449557168&type=1&l=e9dc6cee54

Ok, these are the C5´s news for today.

Regards, Rafael

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 13, March, 2012 - 21:49:26 »
Glad those items arrived ok and that you're pleased with them.

The website upgrades have left a bit of a dent in the finances but selling a few items for the highest price on Ebay has helped. It would have been nice to sell them a bit cheaper on this forum to c5alive members but this website has to be as self financing as possible, hence the choice to literally sell to the highest bidder.

It all goes towards keeping the site free to use :)