C5Alive General Category > Welcome To The Forum

Sinclair-Fan from Germany

(1/6) > >>

theo:
Hi everyone,
my name is Theo and I live in south-west Germany (Black Forest) near Freiburg. I bought my C5 three years ago.
Apart from a few scatches, it was in a very good condition. I painted it yellow and recently a installed a gearbox
to make it useful. Last winter I got a used "Baby-Jogger" and converted it into a trailer. My plan was to make a trip
with my sinclair and trailer around the Lake Constance (approx. 250 km). I did the trip last week, surprisingly
without any breakdown. It was great fun and I have never seen such a large number of smiling people. I used
a 60Ah lead battery, which was quite heavy, however I could do the longest daily section of 50 km without charging.
The only bad experience I made during the trip were the (useless) breaks. Several times, especially steep downhill, I had to use my legs to support the breaks. It looked funny, like a swan landing on water. Now I know where the
expession breakshoes comes from.

With kind regards,
Theo

jockywilson11:
Wow that is a long trip! Well done.

thedesigntailor:
Ha! I can just imagine the look of terror as you skid with your feet over the side down the hill  ;D

Think we've all looked a bit daft on a Sinclair one time or other.

Welcome to the form  8)

Karl:
An amazing trip Theo , if you have any pictures please add them to the forum. I imagine the scenery must have been incredible.

Very inspiring to hear that a c5 can be used for touring  8)

Retro Andy:
I have thought of putting a two man tent in the boot, and then sharing the tent with my C5 so its safe at night while I'm sleeping  :D

Retro Andy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version