News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Welcome To The Forum / Greetings from Redditch - Worcestershire
« Last post by Paul Langton-Rogers on 24, April, 2016 - 12:41:48 »

Hi all,

I've just joined this excellent forum and community and wanted to post a quick introduction and say thank you for letting me be a part of your enthusiasts community.

Although I'm 44 and so can remember when the C5 launched in the 1985 just about! I was only 13 then and so badly wanted one but £399 was a fortune back in the day, and we simply couldn't afford one.

I had always hoped to buy one later on when I started work s the C5 intrigued me.  As the decades rolled by, I forgot all about it. Until recently when they started appearing on eBay fairly regularly. By chance I noticed one and started watching them being sold well over my budget. After patiently waiting many weeks I managed to get one for a good price finally, it's in need of much restoration and I've yet to take delivery of it.

Now I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I decide whether restoring the C5 is viable, worthwhile and to assess the likely cost.

Anyway, enough waffling, this is meant to be an introduction about myself, so here's a little about me, and my reasons for joining C5alive...

I became a keen electric bicycle owner enthusiast around 2011-2012, and have converted several bicycles over the years into e-bikes. I am hoping some of the knowledge and experience can cross-over to the C5 in a restoration project. I want to completely modernise my C5 and bring it into the 21st century and have some different ideas about how to go about this I'd like to float and get advice and opinions on.

I have already learned a great deal about the C5 both from reading threads on the forum and from the site resources, the PDF's and other downloadable docs, and also the many images members have uploaded so many thanks to the site owners and members for uploading those and sharing freely! Kudos  :D

I live in Redditch, which for those unfamiliar with is in Worcestershire, and lies approx 15 or so miles south of Birmingham. Redditch is actually home to the Royal Enfield one of the first to produce motorized bicycles, and later the now famous motorcycles.

My reason for joining the forum is to get some advice from you experienced guys on how to go about restoring my newly acquired C5...and to float my ideas for modernising and  discuss what is possible, and how best to go about doing it.

I'm not very mechanically skilled, but I learn fast and do have a background in electronics and computer programming, both in work and as a hobby.

Thank you to Pat for letting me join, and I look forward to being a regular contributor to the forum!

Paul

C5 Support / Re: 24volt and 12volt accessories
« Last post by Lancealot on 17, April, 2016 - 20:11:29 »
Hi theojw71.
I have done a few c5 refurbs and also in the middle of a 24v conversion.
I am an ex electronics engineer so know my way round the wiring of a c5.
I also live in North Manchester and come to Wigan on a regular basis.
email me directly with you contact details and see when I am free.
Ta Lance
http://www.driffieldvintagerally.co.uk/images/membership_form.pdf  Here is the application form for those who need it. - Josh
Hi the3re coverman, if you are attending the event you will have to join the east riding engine club and they can offer you a very cheap (compared to other places) offer on public liability insurance. Ill leave a link to everyone at the end of this post with the application form for the club which includes the insurance quote. - Josh
C5 Meetings & Events / Re: Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally 2016 (update)
« Last post by coverman on 15, April, 2016 - 13:11:15 »
Is household insurance Public Liability cover what is required.?
C5 Meetings & Events / Driffield Steam and Vintage Rally 2016 (update)
« Last post by C5 Josh Langstaff on 13, April, 2016 - 16:34:38 »
Hi everyone just a quick update on the organisation of the steam and vintage rally at Driffield this year.
I am applying to go in this year and i hope you do too. i know there wont be much interest for this as it is in East Yorkshire and i know that the majority of people in the C5 community is down south but if youu are willing to go or if your in the East Yorkshire area then let me know and we could try and sort something out where we could get some of us to all go together. all application forms must be in for may the 19th and you MUST have public liability insurance. I hope you can make it to the event with your C5 and if not i still hope you can visit as the event is absolutely brilliant. finally for those who are wondering the event is on 2 days (13th and 14th August) and camping/ caravaning  passes are available. reply to this post if you wish to know more details.  Thanks a lot -Josh. 
Hi
We make tailored outdoor covers for the C5 and sidescreens
www.thoroughbred-covers.co.uk
For Sale - Sinclair C5 Parts & Accessories / Re: Genuine and Replica parts for sale?
« Last post by Ray on 23, March, 2016 - 15:46:01 »
Hi!
See my previous posts for replica mirrors plus sets of indicators.
Regards
Ray
C5 Support / Re: 24volt and 12volt accessories
« Last post by KarlG on 21, March, 2016 - 19:45:23 »
Hi,

Im sorry but there are a few points that are not clear,
The bad news; before many minutes, on each run the power either blew the in- line fuse I had fitted, or actually melted the battery connectors.

I assume the fuse is fitted in the 24v line.
either blew the in- line fuse I had fitted, or actually melted the battery connectors
1) What amperage is the fuse?
2) Have you checked the fuse and the battery connectors?
3) Connect the motor directly to the battery, WARNING, make sure the drive wheel is off the ground.

Let me know the results, and we can take it from there.

Av Phun.

KarlG
Anybody selling any accessories genuine or replicas? Interested to know whats out there :)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »