News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Sunday 1st August : MGFest  (Read 14956 times)

Karl

Sunday 1st August : MGFest
« on: 15, April, 2010 - 21:45:47 »
We've been invited to take part in this years MGFest ;

http://www.mgfest.co.uk/

Hope all is well with you and the C5 Alive crowd. You may remember last year that I asked if you would be able to come to a show that I organise at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire - MGFest, but you were already booked.  Well this year we're calling it MGFifteen, as its fifteen years since the launch of the MGF, but basically its the same show. It takes place on Sunday 1st August and is a one day show although there is camping overnight and a "Glo Car" competition on site on Saturday - how about a "Glo C5" ?

If you have the date free and could muster a gaggle of C5s we could offer you a display area and possibly involve you in an Arena event. I have in mind a short "sprint" around cones involving two C5s a la Race of Champions - so they are not actually on the same course (avoids them "bumping" into each other.) I don't know how you feel about the public entering and using a C5 to do this. We ran a similar event last year using mobility scooters which was great fun but thought that C5s would be different , more interesting and could provide a display all day.

You can see pics of previous shows at www.mgfest.co.uk

I've replied that I'm interested in coming along and hopefully a few other c5 owners would come as well. I have also replied that I'm against the idea of public racing our c5's , but other than that it should be a good day out.

Anyone else up for this ?   
« Last Edit: 15, April, 2010 - 21:47:29 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Sunday 1st August : MGFest
« Reply #1 on: 15, April, 2010 - 23:32:49 »
Hoping to make a return to C5Aliving as Mrs Radiomarty is much improved - count us in.PS when I was just a lad I soooooooooo wanted an MG Midget.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 16, April, 2010 - 08:55:05 »
Hoping to make a return to C5Aliving as Mrs Radiomarty is much improved - count us in.PS when I was just a lad I soooooooooo wanted an MG Midget.

I actually owned an MG Midget but never got to drive it !

It belonged to my parents who gave it to me, but it needed restoration. I was only 16 and just about to join the Navy so gave the restoration job to a friend of a friend....who took ages,cost loads of money and never really finished it  >:( Ended up selling it to a genuine restorer who got it back on the road. The guy who then purchased it went and crashed it. 

Getting back on topic, fingers crossed Mrs Radiomarty continues to improve and you get back to c5aliving  8) This looks to be a good show at a superb venue.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 16, April, 2010 - 12:32:13 »
Good to here that Mrs RadioMarty is on the mend and feeling better.

Retro Andy

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 16, April, 2010 - 15:52:40 »
Good to here that Mrs RadioMarty is on the mend and feeling better.

Retro Andy
adding my big big ditto

bit too far for me unfortunately :(

regs
Alan

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 16, April, 2010 - 20:58:45 »
I've received a reply from the organiser;

Great Karl - I'll book you in then- I thought you might say that about the "racing" idea. We'll put you in a static display area and see if we can get a slot in the arena during the day for some demonstrations as per Brooklands. No entry forms at the moment -just let me know who's coming a little closer to the date.

The show starts at 10am but you'll need to be in position by about 0930. You're welcome to come and camp over the night before and join us in our campsite "bar" etc.

All the best

Tim

So we're all set for our first appearance at the National Motor Heritage Centre  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 01, July, 2010 - 08:24:45 »
Any forms to fill out for this one Karl ?

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 01, July, 2010 - 14:41:33 »
Any forms to fill out for this one Karl ?

You're right, time is marching on and this event isn't that far off - I'll chase it up and check to see what's happening.

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 04, July, 2010 - 13:46:37 »
So far for this event it looks like Angie,myself and RadioMarty.

Any others interested in coming along ?

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 05, July, 2010 - 12:02:17 »
I've received this reply from the organisor;

No need for us to submit an entry form, just an email from me saying who is attending.

We've got a bit of a "blank canvas" with this, meaning we can have just a static display or something more active - I'm open to ideas  :)

I do need confirmation from anyone else wanting to come along. It's being held at the Heritage Motor Centre  ;
  http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

..should be an excellent day out, especially with the MG show on as well  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #10 on: 15, July, 2010 - 14:16:25 »
Karl - can you bring me a full set of tyres and inners along to this event ? Matt will be coming too and possibly Luke and the C2.5

(PS Have you received any e-mails from me yet ? Not sure there getting through)

Cheers Radiomarty

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 15, July, 2010 - 22:13:51 »
Glad to hear you are coming along  8). Steve will be making the journey as well, so we should end up with a display similar to the one at Dunstable  ;D

I'm receiving loads of emails.....just none from you  ???  Not sure whats happening there mate

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 24, July, 2010 - 09:18:36 »
Marty - for info I have two wristbands for you ( one for yourself, plus one for Matt)

Those attending are;

Me
Angie
Pete
Steve
Marty
Matt

That should leave us able to display six c5's ,similar to the Dunstable set-up  8)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
« Reply #13 on: 24, July, 2010 - 23:44:31 »
Cheers Karl - ps just had a look round their website for the Heritage Centre looks like it's going to be a great place to visit  :)
« Last Edit: 29, July, 2010 - 00:22:39 by radiomarty »

Karl

« Reply #14 on: 30, July, 2010 - 21:48:05 »
Pete has had to drop out, so if anyone else wanted to bring along a c5 to exhibit at the show there is now a spare place (and wristband granting free entry!)

Let me know asap !

ps - Marty , I've got those items ready for you. See you at the show  8). I'm tempted to take Voodoo along for the Saturday night "glow show" - which means camping overnight. Not sure if you fancied joining us ? Goldfinger could show off its neons to the world  ;D Give me a call if you want to natter about the arrangements etc