News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Main Menu

Help with pulling the pedal cranks

Started by Paul, 18, June, 2013 - 19:26:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hi, can anyone help.
I'm trying to restore my first C5 and my problem is how to remove the pedal cranks? Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the special extraction tool or can you suggest another way?

Any help would be appreciated.

rekooh99

Paul I got one on ebay for a fiver works great think it was from practical cycles

Paul

Thanks, so it's a standard pedal cycle extractor then?

danny7147

#3
I got mine from Halfords, pretty cheap, but also if you take the C5 down there they'll probably do it for free just for letting them touch a C5... And don't think I'm joking!

Karl

..this may help;

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,239.0.html

..link is to the "Tech Tips by C5martin" section, always worth a browse through  ;)

rekooh99

yeah standard puller for square pedal cranks


Paul

Crank puller arrived in the post next day delivery all for £3.49 & free p&p ( eBay ) cranks are now off looking forward to finishing the strip down

rekooh99

Excellent ! well done! you might also want to get a chain splitter/joiner It ll come in very handy as you can use it to "ease" links as well as splitting an joining chains.