C5 Help > Tried & Tested : Share your good,or bad, experiences

Sinclair batteries

<< < (3/4) > >>

mike7201:
Wow - thanks Umpa, I really appreciate that.  Karl too!  I hadn't thought about the wires being ripped out!!

Umpa, I thank you again.  It seems that from what you say, it's a case of getting the right battery, yet finding the best one at the right weight and size for the compartment.

Perhaps I should visit Kwik Fit, and ask them to replace my battery.  They offer a 3-year guarantee with them, so when it packs up after 20 charges I could get it replaced - thus never needing to buy a new battery again...

Would I be able to do that do you think?  I'm sure someone else on this forum did something similar with a Halfords battery.

Umpa:
I had the same idea. sadly it does not work like that.  First thing to have to tell them is the make of the car it comes off (to make sure its the right battery load for the car), then they put a fancy tester on it.  Now in my case my calcium battery would not go for 1 mile before dying, but the halfords tester said it is OK.  I used to get 12miles per charge.

It cost me 80 seets too  :'(

mike7201:
Blimey. I may give that one a miss then!

Perhaps I need to call Adam after all.  It's so hard knowing which one to get, then even harder knowing what charger to use with it!

Umpa:
To be honest, its not as hard as you think.  Any recent car battery charger is OK, I use a Halfords Advanced charger, but a cheaper one will be just fine.  I also have original Sinclair batteries and chargers, these are still good chargers and do the same thing as the Halfords Advanced type. 

These charges are designed to not over charge the battery - perfect for my Gel batteries too  ;D

Hand on heart I have to say that the only advantage of buying an original Sinclair battery is to use the ignition block and to have Sinclair on the side of it.  You can buy better batteries for the cash it's just personal choice and originality.

Karl:

--- Quote from: mike7201 on  11, October, 2009  - 12:56:55 ---Blimey. I may give that one a miss then!

Perhaps I need to call Adam after all.  It's so hard knowing which one to get, then even harder knowing what charger to use with it!

--- End quote ---

Mike - since you already have a c5alive wiring kit fitted , your c5 is set up to use car/leisure batteries.

A safe option is to use a type 063 car battery, which is light, cheap and powerful enough for the job. Fits nicely in the allocated space, and not too heavy if you wanted to carry two for maximum range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version