News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Current draw indicator lights  (Read 2449 times)

giles

Current draw indicator lights
« on: 06, October, 2010 - 07:05:42 »
Hi Folks,
The lights on the left hand side that indicate when when you should aid the motor by pedaling only light up in one way.........

2 of my C5's have the pod lights.

Both of my C5's with pod lights only light up the green ones at far left and far right hand side then the far left amber light just flashes on and off when I hit the go button.  The state never changes and both my C5's do it - exactly the same.  I think when I first had my Adam Harper supplied one it worked correctly but now it doesn't.  I'm not really bothered but just thought I would mention it to you and see if any of you had had the problem before and may know of a fix.

So in summary, left hand pod lights light up the left and right green lights and flashes on and off the left hand amber light as you power on.  And that's all it does.... thoughts? (I may have my amber and green colours mixed up, can't remember, but I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Cheers, Giles
(obvioulsy this is addition to the fact that sometimes 'IT 01' (my third C5) flashes all the left hand lights on and off and have to mess with the battery connector to make it work  ::))

aladds

Re: Current draw indicator lights
« Reply #1 on: 09, October, 2010 - 19:04:05 »
Mine's exactly the same. I think it's an issue with one or more transistors in the control box, and perhaps the Op-Amp too. I've replaced the latter but still need to get 'round to ordering some transistors...

It doesn't affect the functionality as far as I can tell, the motor cut-out from low battery still works, I've never got it hot enough to test the heat cut-out, and you can tell from the noise & speed when you need to pedal!