News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Turning  (Read 3207 times)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Turning
« on: 21, September, 2009 - 21:46:11 »
I was riding in my C5 today, and did a turn in the road.  It's a huge road, so it allowed for the massive area needed to acheive a full turn without reversing (luckily).

When I turned, I was travelling with power on, and I heard the rear tyres 'dragging'.  It was as if they were flat, but I can assure you they're certainly not flat.  Could it be that the way the C5 turns could cause the tyres to pull sideways on the tarmac, causing this sound?  I wouldn't want to find that the tyre gets 'ripped' from the wheel when I turn.

When I take my C5 to work tomorrow, I plan to visit the local cycle shop.  They've asked to see it for old time sake.  I've asked them to look it over, as I haven't a clue what kind of tyres my seller has fitted, and also my wing mirrors have both fallen off, and I think the clips which hold them on have both broken!  It'll give them something to do.  It's too fiddly for me.  I haven't the patience.  If I were to try and fix them, I'd lose my temper with them and they'd be in the bin by now!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Turning
« Reply #1 on: 22, September, 2009 - 06:35:49 »
Hi Mike,

do you have original Sinclair tyres on ?  If you do then I think it's normal as mine does the same. Original tyres have a softer wall for a smooth(er) ride.

As for your wing mirrors you might need some more clips. The mirrors are designed to snap off on impact, (but not break) yours sound as though they did. Wing mirrors make C5s look way way cooler. 

Karl

Re: Turning
« Reply #2 on: 22, September, 2009 - 11:09:46 »
Refitting the mirrors is quite easy, only two screws on each one.

Loosen them off , slide the mirror back in situ and then tighten them up.The square "nut" fits inside its allocated "channel" on the body of the mirror.

Be brave mate and give it a go, you'll feel that lovely warm glow of success and feel a whole lot better once you do  8)